Goose Eggs - Photos - pg 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing you the best of luck Miss Prissy!!!! I bet they will be just fine (your a good mommy)
hugs.gif

I have never seen a baby goose, so I will be awaiting some amazing pics from you!
jumpy.gif

My geese, cover their eggs till they have enough for a clutch. THEY ARE ALL DIRTY. Gross dirty eggs they step on them, they roll them around, they stand on them, some they crush and they still hatch out good goslings.

Those eggs in that box look great, in fact they look better than the ones I have outside on that nest. But they will still sit on them and hatch out some. You guys don't know geese or you wouldn't say that.

They are gross and nasty critters their feet drag all manner of gross material all over those eggs but they do stay 90% dry. They cover them and keep them covered, and if it's going to rain, they set on them. That tells me DON'T GET THEM WET !

I bet all those eggs hatch and those embdens are great birds I love mine.

Arklady

Any eggs that filthy I would not put in an incubator. If you get a bad bacteria culture in an incubator sometimes it ruins it. You can only clean and disninfect so much, there are always cracks and corners, and all the electrical stuff. I'm so sorry Miss Prissy, but I'd just throw them out. Clearly those eggs were not even close to clean before they were packed, and gosh knows how long they were in the nest.

You're brave to even think about putting those filthy eggs in your bator. I hope you can clean them without causing harm, but it looks like the harm has already been done. I would think they'd be soaked in bacteria and not even viable.

Good Luck!

hugs.gif

Arklady just said that her geese sit on the nest when it is going to rain. I wouldn't think this a good thing for the eggs. It would explain the dirty eggs although if I were a seller I think I would try to keep my geese in a clean place while collecting the eggs to sell.

I know a BYC member who received duck or goose eggs that smelled moldy; there was mildew on the eggs, if I recall. The interior packaging was also damp. Those eggs exploded in the incubator, I think. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, LOL. In that case the eggs had been packaged a few days before they were mailed, too, so that certainly added to the bacteria growth.

Aren't geese wet when laying on a nest from swimming? Maybe some farm geese don't have access to water but wild geese do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom