Goose got into motor oil, please help!

Goose_Goose

Songster
5 Years
Nov 20, 2018
Gallup, New Mexico
I can't express how angry I am. I just let my geese out and my father puts down a bucket of oil on the ground where the geese can get to it.

Please help, my goose got into it and put her head into the bucket. The oil went past her eyes, and now I don't know what to do. I've washed off all the oil using the dish soap. I'm not sure if she injested any. I'm worried about her eyes and if she injested it. Please let me know what to do if she starts showing signs of poisoning.

I have some epsom salt that i use when they eat something bad but I'm not sure if that'll work, I also have terramycin for her eyes incase.

I'm no goose expert but I know that this is deadly for any poultry. I would inspect the eyes of this goose and that of another that was not affected and see if there's a difference, maybe some bloodshot in the eyes. Also, I would try and offer it some food to see if it will eat it, maybe if it's in the mood to eat it means that it hasn't ingested a deadly amount. You should calling a vet as they might have some kind of charcoal solution to give the bird.

Instead of using saline solution try using baking soda as it is heavy in salt, try mixing two teaspoons into a cup of water and tasting it to make sure it's not overly salty but just enough to where you can taste it.

Back
Top Bottom