Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
hi. im saba. my work deals with the incubation period hatching ability and growth rate of Anser anser domesticus. (domesticated goose) ..I want some know how about the difference in wild type and captive environment effect. plz share your views so that i can understand better. Plz rply me as soon as possilbe.
i shall be very thankful to for your this act of kindness.

Hello I have a pair of chinese geese and i found seven eggs within their home, I am wondering if she has to continually sit on the eggs for them to hatch. In the mornings i have found her to be sitting on them but by the afternoon she has left. Any ideas? as i am wondering if they are infertile

Hi, just wondering what the advice is on setting goose eggs to hatch? I've had several unsuccessful hatches now and am concerned I have the humidity set too high...had a hatch of Indian runner ducks this morning at 50% humidity - would this work for geese?

Hello I have a pair of chinese geese and i found seven eggs within their home, I am wondering if she has to continually sit on the eggs for them to hatch. In the mornings i have found her to be sitting on them but by the afternoon she has left. Any ideas? as i am wondering if they are infertile
Welcome to BYC!

What your goose is doing she is building her clutch in preparation for broody, they will usually lay on them at night first then when she gets to the number she is happy with and it differs from goose to goose she'll begin to sit 24/7 only coming out to eat drink and bathe.As long as you have a gander they most likely are fertile.

Hi, just wondering what the advice is on setting goose eggs to hatch? I've had several unsuccessful hatches now and am concerned I have the humidity set too high...had a hatch of Indian runner ducks this morning at 50% humidity - would this work for geese?
Go to page one of this thread we're on and begin reading Pete gives step by step instructions on getting a successful hatch. Good luck and

Welcome to BYC.

Hello, hello! I am having some problems hatching my goose eggs and will read from the start but I have one question now: On the first page is a picture of a 4 day old fertile egg. If my egg looks like that at 10 days, should I go ahead and remove it?

Hello, hello! I am having some problems hatching my goose eggs and will read from the start but I have one question now: On the first page is a picture of a 4 day old fertile egg. If my egg looks like that at 10 days, should I go ahead and remove it?
I am not sure what you mean ?

Hello, hello! I am having some problems hatching my goose eggs and will read from the start but I have one question now: On the first page is a picture of a 4 day old fertile egg. If my egg looks like that at 10 days, should I go ahead and remove it?

Do you mean the 4 day infertile pic? Are you saying you see no red lines? If it still looks clear at 10 days, you can leave it for a few more days, but by 10 days you definitely should have some visible veining. If you meant that your 10 day egg looks like the 4 day fertile pic, then I would leave it in. Maybe you just weren't getting a good view at the time.

Back
Top Bottom