Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Hi I just found this post. Is anyone aware of when to stop turning goose eggs. I only have one and it is on day 12 and developing nicely. I know you are suppose to stop turning chicken eggs on day 18 but what about geese???

Hi I just found this post. Is anyone aware of when to stop turning goose eggs. I only have one and it is on day 12 and developing nicely. I know you are suppose to stop turning chicken eggs on day 18 but what about geese???

You stop turning goose eggs when the gosling has internally pipped the air cell, usually occurs at day 28 on average.

Good Morning!
Meet Sabrina

I loved your explanation. Not more than five minutes after I made the safety hole my goose externally pipped. She is being very quite now and wiggling. My husband just found this egg at work on the golf course and they had been told to throw them away if found. He brought it home and we have her a shot. I can't believe it worked! Thanks so much for your article.

It is now 22 days of incubation. The three survival eggs are running to the final countdown. The air chamber seems ok, and the weigh decrease is nearly reaching 13%. I suppose I should keep with the same humidity level, right?

It is now 22 days of incubation. The three survival eggs are running to the final countdown. The air chamber seems ok, and the weigh decrease is nearly reaching 13%. I suppose I should keep with the same humidity level, right?

Looks great. Yes, keep the humidity where you are and then increase at lock down.
fl.gif

I went out to the chicken coop today to check on momma goose and all of her eggs are gone but she is still sitting in the nest being broody with out any eggs under her and for how long I do not know, silly girl .

I wonder what got her eggs
sad.png
O no! So glad she is ok. Snakes are on the move... just got a 5 footer today.

I was sent this link by someone because my goslings were not internally pipping and dying in the shell. It worked great to gt them to internally pip. But now I have a new issue. Withing a couple of hours of internal pip they died. They were even rolling the eggs around while still inside. They seemed really strong and healthy. hat do I do next? I'm to the point I just want to sell my geese and forget it!!!!

Mary,
Im so sorry to hear this. I sent the link. It takes 3 full days for goslings to hatch. Their biggest risk is shrink wrapping...when the locked down bator gets opened, moisture leaves and the inner egg membrain dries quick, then its impossible for them to get through.

What i do is after i see internal pip, is make a very small hole in air side of shell for oxygen and moisture to get in.

Back
Top Bottom