Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Marty1876
My goose egg is due to hatch next thursday. Do you think I should make a small breathing hole when I see the internal pipping. This is my only chance to hatch one and it's the only egg I have. I just want everything to be okay with it.

I was out watering and feeding the animals and the geese were being rather NASTY
somad.gif
so I looked under the porch and look at the New Party Dog's
highfive.gif
highfive.gif

So a closer look reveled the rest of the Party Animals
love.gif

I still have one more goose sitting on some eggs
fl.gif

Wow these Biological incubators work much better then the ones in the shed
yesss.gif

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
Hi there, hope someone can help me. We have 15 Embden eggs on Day 29. I just did a weight test, they have loss between 8 - 10% but the original poster says 13%? Is there a way I could increase the weight loss now or should I just pray for massive luck? :( I have a fan assisted incubator, I thought I was to lock down at Day 27 so I've been ramping up water to bring the humidity to 80 :( I have removed all water for now, would that help? is that the right thing to do? 1 egg has internal pip, the rest hasnt reach the significant change of air sac yet. I m quite worried that I may have messed up :(

I was out watering and feeding the animals and the geese were being rather NASTY
somad.gif
so I looked under the porch and look at the New Party Dog's
highfive.gif
highfive.gif

So a closer look reveled the rest of the Party Animals
love.gif

I still have one more goose sitting on some eggs
fl.gif

Wow these Biological incubators work much better then the ones in the shed
yesss.gif

gander007
old.gif
WOO HOOO! CONGRATULATIONS.
I think some of your pictures didn't come through.

Hi there, hope someone can help me. We have 15 Embden eggs on Day 29. I just did a weight test, they have loss between 8 - 10% but the original poster says 13%? Is there a way I could increase the weight loss now or should I just pray for massive luck? :( I have a fan assisted incubator, I thought I was to lock down at Day 27 so I've been ramping up water to bring the humidity to 80 :( I have removed all water for now, would that help? is that the right thing to do? 1 egg has internal pip, the rest hasnt reach the significant change of air sac yet. I m quite worried that I may have messed up :(
I can't speak for geese but if it were my duck eggs, I wouldn't worry about the weight loss if they are starting to internal pip. If they haven't pipped externally in 24 hr, you might need to assist. Again, if they are starting to internal pip, I would lower the heat just a bit and increase the humidity. Good luck
fl.gif

WOO HOOO! CONGRATULATIONS.
I think some of your pictures didn't come through.

I can't speak for geese but if it were my duck eggs, I wouldn't worry about the weight loss if they are starting to internal pip. If they haven't pipped externally in 24 hr, you might need to assist. Again, if they are starting to internal pip, I would lower the heat just a bit and increase the humidity. Good luck
fl.gif

Thank you. Will keep an eye on things then. Is it always this nerve wrecking when it comes to this stage?

After several failed hatches and trying to figure out what I done wrong, I was given this link and decided it was worth a try. I was in the middle of incubation. About 2 weeks to go. Lowered the humidity, started misting, and finally had my first hatch.
Thank you very much for this. I have passed this information on to others who were also having failed hatches. They to have been very happy with it.

Thank you so much!! I just hatched 4/6! I wouldn't have been able to have these babies without this information. All my babies were mal positioned but with a little help they are out and drying!!

Back
Top Bottom