Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Yes it is I am afraid. How is it going today? I have some Muscovy eggs on day 31 so any time now my nerves will be wrecked, lol.

7 pip externally today (1 the wrong side :( ) I m worried about 4, the aircell hasnt changed for the last 5 days, it has a weight loss of 8 - 9%. I havent been able to see movement in of them for the last couple of days, I wish there's something I can do :(

Not all the remaining 3 eggs had the same fortune. One stopped on the 21 day, and other on the 27 during the re-positioning (it seemed one leg was blocked on the yolk sac..) On the end only one of the initial six got to the final stage.
On the 27th the goose made the internal pipping but nothing happen afterwards. On the 28th I made the safe external pipping and on the 29th I decide to intervene. It was a long day and I felt like a midwife... The hatching was not very nice...when the chick got free from the shelf there was lots of blood from his bottom...it seemed like the yolk sack was just absorbed. I will post a video of it very soon.

Now the baby goose is on the second day, he is already eating and drinking but is not able to stand up on his legs. It is normal?

Not all the remaining 3 eggs had the same fortune. One stopped on the 21 day, and other on the 27 during the re-positioning (it seemed one leg was blocked on the yolk sac..) On the end only one of the initial six got to the final stage.
On the 27th the goose made the internal pipping but nothing happen afterwards. On the 28th I made the safe external pipping and on the 29th I decide to intervene. It was a long day and I felt like a midwife... The hatching was not very nice...when the chick got free from the shelf there was lots of blood from his bottom...it seemed like the yolk sack was just absorbed. I will post a video of it very soon.

Now the baby goose is on the second day, he is already eating and drinking but is not able to stand up on his legs. It is normal?

Give him another day and if he still can't get his feet under him you may need to tape his legs. Search splay or spraddle legs, I have done it a couple times it works wonders!

I loved your explanation. Not more than five minutes after I made the safety hole my goose externally pipped. She is being very quite now and wiggling. My husband just found this egg at work on the golf course and they had been told to throw them away if found. He brought it home and we have her a shot. I can't believe it worked! Thanks so much for your article.
How's it doing? Great save!
It is now 22 days of incubation. The three survival eggs are running to the final countdown. The air chamber seems ok, and the weigh decrease is nearly reaching 13%. I suppose I should keep with the same humidity level, right?
Those air cells look good! You're doing a great job with these!
Marty1876 My goose egg is due to hatch next thursday. Do you think I should make a small breathing hole when I see the internal pipping. This is my only chance to hatch one and it's the only egg I have. I just want everything to be okay with it.
It should have enough oxygen in the air cell for the first 24 hours. Keep checking for the internal pip and then if it does not make a external pip after 24 hours you can make a tiny safety hole for oxygen.
I was out watering and feeding the animals and the geese were being rather NASTY :mad: so I looked under the porch and look at the New Party Dog's :highfive: :highfive: So a closer look reveled the rest of the Party Animals :love I still have one more goose sitting on some eggs :fl Wow these Biological incubators work much better then the ones in the shed
Wow!! Beautiful pictures!!!
Hi there, hope someone can help me. We have 15 Embden eggs on Day 29. I just did a weight test, they have loss between 8 - 10% but the original poster says 13%? Is there a way I could increase the weight loss now or should I just pray for massive luck? :( I have a fan assisted incubator, I thought I was to lock down at Day 27 so I've been ramping up water to bring the humidity to 80 :( I have removed all water for now, would that help? is that the right thing to do? 1 egg has internal pip, the rest hasnt reach the significant change of air sac yet. I m quite worried that I may have messed up :(
Since 1 egg has internally pipped then I would go ahead and keep the humidity up. Next time if you feel the air cells are on the small side then you can wait until you have an internal pip before increasing humidity.
7 pip externally today (1 the wrong side :( ) I m worried about 4, the aircell hasnt changed for the last 5 days, it has a weight loss of 8 - 9%. I havent been able to see movement in of them for the last couple of days, I wish there's something I can do :(
There has been no increase in the size of their air cells? Usually of the egg has quit then the air cell will not draw down. They might not be alive still. Sorry. :hugs
Not all the remaining 3 eggs had the same fortune. One stopped on the 21 day, and other on the 27 during the re-positioning (it seemed one leg was blocked on the yolk sac..) On the end only one of the initial six got to the final stage. On the 27th the goose made the internal pipping but nothing happen afterwards. On the 28th I made the safe external pipping and on the 29th I decide to intervene. It was a long day and I felt like a midwife... The hatching was not very nice...when the chick got free from the shelf there was lots of blood from his bottom...it seemed like the yolk sack was just absorbed. I will post a video of it very soon. Now the baby goose is on the second day, he is already eating and drinking but is not able to stand up on his legs. It is normal?
When the veins recede during hatch they start absorbing from the air cell and then the pointy end last. So it might have been a bit on the early side for him. Sounds like there may have been some veins left at the pointy end. The good news is that he did absorb the yolk!! Did you take the top, fat end off the egg and let him push out of the bottom half? Sometimes that helps them strengthen their leg muscles. If he's eating and drinking then I think he's on the right track. Definitely post a pic or video of him and his legs. Good job!

Artificial goose hatching after 29 days of incubation. Not recommended for sensible people...but very beautiful!!!!

0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom