Goose laying over 50 eggs?

Davidconner84

Hatching
Jan 21, 2024
I have a goose that has started laying in November and is still laying eggs to this day, so far she has layer over 50 eggs, is this normal.

Well, I believe those can lay up to 110 eggs per year. Usually around 50-60. They do start laying in the winter mostly.
It does sound like a bit much for 50+ in a matter of 3 months. Unless this is one of their two clutches for the year. So perhaps you will not be getting anymore eggs until September-ish. I mean, they let an egg once every 2 or 3 days…
But 50+ already….wow, what are you feeding them…steroid enhanced food? lol

Well, I believe those can lay up to 110 eggs per year. Usually around 50-60. They do start laying in the winter mostly.
It does sound like a bit much for 50+ in a matter of 3 months. Unless this is one of their two clutches for the year. So perhaps you will not be getting anymore eggs until September-ish. I mean, they let an egg once every 2 or 3 days…
But 50+ already….wow, what are you feeding them…steroid enhanced food? lol
This is the food and this is what's left in the nest from throwing atleast 25 out since November because of them rottening. She has since layer 2 more since the photo 2 days ago now she has 26 in the nest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_172249_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_172249_Chrome.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240124_172424_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_172424_Gallery.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 2
I don’t know. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

Ummm, are you just letting them sit in the nest? Hatching? Eating? What are you going to do?

She lays on the nest a few hours a day, We are new to having geese. We thought she would hatch some but guess no luck. This is also her very first time laying. I have never ate goose eggs before not sure how they are.

Back
Top Bottom