Goose teething?

Goosey Girl

Songster
Dec 31, 2021
My two year old Sebastopol boy, Hyacinth, is growing what looks like a tooth out of the right side of his beak. It is definitely not a splinter. He is not in any obvious pain.

Should I try to clip it, file it down, leave it alone?

Has anyone seems this before? What is it????
IMG_2594.jpeg
IMG_2593.jpeg
IMG_2591.jpeg

Goosebaby,

The growth seems like thick skin. It is pliable and gives way when I press my fingernail to it, so not a hard keratin growth. I don't think there is blood flow to it, but can't be sure.

He is really a shy goose. I just don't want an infection to start. I've considered maybe using nail clippers or first piercing it, but maybe it would be better to just give it time and let it come off on its own?

I really appreciate your advice or suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    598.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    631.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2616.jpeg
    IMG_2616.jpeg
    624.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Goosebaby,

The growth seems like thick skin. It is pliable and gives way when I press my fingernail to it, so not a hard keratin growth. I don't think there is blood flow to it, but can't be sure.

He is really a shy goose. I just don't want an infection to start. I've considered maybe using nail clippers or first piercing it, but maybe it would be better to just give it time and let it come off on its own?

I really appreciate your advice or suggestions.
It could be a tumor, or it could be just a weird scar tissue from an injury, a cyst from an injury/infection too. You could pierce it to see if any fluid comes out, in that case it‘a probably an infection.
It kinda looks swollen around the base of it also.

@oldhenlikesdogs @Miss Lydia @ColtHandorf @BirdsBeesTrees what do you think of this thing?

It could be a tumor, or it could be just a weird scar tissue from an injury, a cyst from an injury/infection too. You could pierce it to see if any fluid comes out, in that case it‘a probably an infection.
It kinda looks swollen around the base of it also.

@oldhenlikesdogs @Miss Lydia @ColtHandorf @BirdsBeesTrees what do you think of this thing?
I think that's good advice, I don't really have anything to add other than if you pierce it than put some ointment on it.

Back
Top Bottom