Goose tub!

noahsgeese

Border Collie
10 Years
Nov 30, 2009
Virginia
Hello!

I was wondering if there was a cheap goose bucket/tub for my two Embden geese to swim in for sale? I looked at some of them but they were pretty expensive so I didn't know if any of you guys knew where I could get one that was cheap?

Thanks!

You can get a kiddie pool for around $10.
wink.png

Quote:
Right now if you can find a store that still have them in stock. I picked up the last two the Walmart had last weekend, dickered over price a little and got them for $3.50 EACH. The manager did not want to find a place to store them or the space on the truck that returns seasonal items to the warehouse. If your store stocks garden pool tubs you may find some bargains there too

Last edited:
Quote:
Right now if you can find a store that still have them in stock. I picked up the last two the Walmart had last weekend, dickered over price a little and got them for $3.50 EACH. The manager did not want to find a place to store them or the space on the truck that returns seasonal items to the warehouse. If your store stocks garden pool tubs you may find some bargains there too

Very true about seasonality.

You can buy a 2 x 4 foot, 1 foot deep black plastic trough at TSC for $16.99 in a jam, too. Which would probably be big enough going into winter anyway. My geese mostly use a five gallon bucket full of water. They dunk their heads and then wipe their bodies down. The ducks seem to use the pools a lot more than the geese.

We use those blue 50 gallion drums cut in half, i have ponds but my geese love these more.

Alot more easy to empty than a kitty pool just roll them over.

LOL my goose tub

53542_summer_141.jpg

53542_summer_138.jpg

I had four pitiful looking geese on my porch one day when the heat indexes were high. Feeling sorry for them I brought them in for some play time in the bath tub. They also come in for tornado warnings and when ever.

I have both the kiddie pool and also the blue plastic barrels cut in half the long way. They really like both but prefer the barrels. Also in western wisconsin in the winter these are nice because they don't crack. We can get those barrels around here for like 5 bucks. Good luck.

I use a couple of large cement mixing tubs. about $10 at Lowe's or Home Depot. Kiddie pools work good but not the inflatable kind
smile.png

I am considering buying a large pond liner and trying that.

I have a large refrigerator pan (drawer) as one of my 'pools', then I've got some 55 gal. plastic drums that are cut in half lengthwise as some of my pools. Those work very well, they are at least 12" deep when full, though they don't stay full for long! The fridge drawer works pretty good for babies that the adults aren't taking to the pond yet. Yes, we have a pond, but the geese would rather play in the 'clean' water first before heading down there
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom