Goose - What is this, how did it happen, what do I do about it?

From everything that I have read, there are two items that are always mentioned, calcium and *water based lubricants*. How is she doing?

From everything that I have read, there are two items that are always mentioned, calcium and *water based lubricants*. How is she doing?
I just got her out of the tub, the second time. Nothing yet. She's now in a dog kennel in my living room and drinking. She seems to be trying to pass the egg. I did do some massage on her but got nothing.

How soon before you can get the KY? Sometimes I stick my well lubed finger in and feel around until I ca find the opening to the uterus. Please, try the calcium, too. I use 1000mg on my big t turkeys and 500mg on everything else.

Okay, heading out right now for the calcium with D and will get that into her as quick as possible. She is inside the house right now so she's safe and warm. When I get home I'll get the stuff into her and then lube her up good.

Just be very gentle and wear a latex glove. One person on BYC described finding the opening as a third eyelid, once you find it, you should be able to feel the actual shell. If you have a small syringe, you can squirt some KY the opening, just be gentle, you don't want to tear anything.

Do you use liquid calcium?
Hoping for you Haunted.
fl.gif

Do you use liquid calcium? Hoping for you Haunted.
fl.gif
I think the liquid would be better, but I don't have any, so I just use mine, which is 500mg calcium and 1000 I.U. D. I don't have any proof that it works, just a few hens and turkeys that were in distress, got the pills and lube, and within 24 hours, passed their eggs. The smallest ones I have done this to are Old English that weigh 500 grams, the turkeys weigh about 14kg.

Back
Top Bottom