Goose with indentity issues?????????

crj

Songster
10 Years
Dec 17, 2009
Rocky Point, NC
Lets start off with..... I have chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys and some guineas. They all have there own sounds which I enjoy very much. Ok, except for the female guinea that has found her voice. That's a different issue. For the past 2 weeks or so I've heard a quack that has been high pitched. I could't figure if it was a Runner duck or one of my Pekins. I just couldn't figure it out until today. Today I heard that sound again and I looked right at my GOOSE! My goose quacked!!! I kid you not. This goose is 3 1/2 months old, I do not know the sex and is a Super African. I literally watched this qoose quack and right after that was the deep honk and chatter that she/he does all the time. Does my goose have an identity issue? Does it question whether or not it's a goose or a duck. Granted the ducks and geese live in the same pen but they really don't spend there free ranging time together unless they go into the woods and wade in the water. Or if the goose takes the pool over and visa versa. It's just the funniest thing ever.

So? Does your goose quack????????
This is my silly quacking goose.
45848_9-20-2011g_4.jpg

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
clap.gif
idunno.gif
You are funny Sharon. I don't know, maybe. This time I saw the goose quack. She/he raised it's head with it's beak to the sky and made the high pitched quack sound. I wouldn't have believed this came from my goose if I didn't see it for myself. The ducks weren't around the goose either.

MyEmden gander has never had geese to hang with only ducks and muscovies at that ,well anyone that has muscovies knows when they are first let out in the morning it's like they start talking and moving together as one. very funny, well my gander will go right along with them, he doesn't sound like a muscovy but he still makes noise like he is. They are a riot. Maybe your goose secretly wants to be a duck and it's trying to imitate one. ya never know
tongue.png

Quote:
Oh my, now that must be something to see.... lol. My aunt was here yesterday and not only heard the goose quack but saw her/him do it. I'm so glad I'm not losing my mind...... hahaha. I don't know how I would get a video of it since she/he doesn't do it all the time. I'll have to see if it's when people come over and the goose gets worked up. She will do one high pitch quack..... it's loud and clear. Funny as heck. She is quite the talker..... ugh..... and loud. Almost as bad as my oldest daughter!

Quote:
Oh my, now that must be something to see.... lol. My aunt was here yesterday and not only heard the goose quack but saw her/him do it. I'm so glad I'm not losing my mind...... hahaha. I don't know how I would get a video of it since she/he doesn't do it all the time. I'll have to see if it's when people come over and the goose gets worked up. She will do one high pitch quack..... it's loud and clear. Funny as heck. She is quite the talker..... ugh..... and loud. Almost as bad as my oldest daughter!

Well now when they come to cart you off, you have a witness!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom