Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Aww I'm so sorry to read this. I don't think you did anything wrong. There were problems from the start. I'm so, so sorry to read this. I checked off and on all day for an update...
I'm so sorry for you Starfire.

Linda

Aww I'm so sorry to read this. I don't think you did anything wrong. There were problems from the start. I'm so, so sorry to read this. I checked off and on all day for an update...
I'm so sorry for you Starfire.

Linda

I'm sorry for the delay, I stayed with him. I made him warm mash, scrambled egg mixed with mash, save a chick. I wrapped him in a cut out sock to keep his belly off the bedding and away from poop to try and stop infection, cleaned his belly with beta-dine. I knew I was losing him and I was, and still am, upset.

I'm sorry. I've been there and know that awful feeling. You did everything you could. What else was there to do? Nothing. It had to be in him to live also and bless his little heart he didn't have enough information on life to want to hang in there.
It might seem strange to some but I believe they also have a choice, like people. If they don't want to stay we can't make them. Heaven knows I've tried.
So did you. You did everything you possibly could. Be comforted in that he didn't die alone and in a barn by himself and if he had any chance you gave it to hi,.

Linda

You know Starfire, sometimes we do get them to live because we so want them to make it, for us.
Then it turns out that their life is so filled with problems we end up wondering if we should maybe have not tried so hard and their life ends early after many problems. That is harder on them and on us.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Linda

Starfire, just know that you did everything you could do. Under other circumstances there is a good chance he may never even have hatched. We humans bring all sorts of new opportunities to the incubation and hatching process that do not exist in a "natural" environment. What you did was heroic in your efforts to bring this little life a little bit of time. He is gone now and he takes with him the knowledge that there are people that truly care for their birds and are willing to go more than that extra mile to help them to survive. That knowledge is shared with the universe and makes you a favored person. Thank you for what you did and know that you did nothing wrong.

Sorry for your loss Starfire. It happens and we normally never know why one makes it and another doesn't.

Jtn another possibility on your egg mishap is that it wasn't fertile, so they (one of the girls) rolled it out of there. It's early yet... personally I eat the eggs until I see that they are fertile.

Janet.. how wonderful that your getting everything in place. I'm sure you both will love it when you get done.

hugs.gif
I'm so sorry Starfire like everyone has said you did above and beyond just somethings aren't meant to be. I found that out last year when we lost our only gosling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom