Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Unfortunately, losses are common. At least there are plenty of eggs to try again.

Things are starting to quiet down now that we are finally moved over, but we still have yards and nest boxes to build before our girls start laying.

Meanwhile, I caught a cute picture of my pigeon pair. They seem to have settled in nicely to their new room.
smile.png

Unfortunately, losses are common. At least there are plenty of eggs to try again.

Things are starting to quiet down now that we are finally moved over, but we still have yards and nest boxes to build before our girls start laying.

Meanwhile, I caught a cute picture of my pigeon pair. They seem to have settled in nicely to their new room.
smile.png

That is so sweet J, I had to make it larger to actually see them but they sure are pretty, and Congrats for getting moved in, it's alot of work but I know you both are thrilled to have your own place.

I got a big surprise this morning. I woke up to a new hatched gosling! I set that egg on the 14th and was NOT expecting it to hatch this soon. So far the little guy seems tone ok, but lonely. I gave him a stuffed penguin to cuddle with and spend lots of time with him. I hope this little guy makes it!

I got a big surprise this morning. I woke up to a new hatched gosling! I set that egg on the 14th and was NOT expecting it to hatch this soon. So far the little guy seems tone ok, but lonely. I gave him a stuffed penguin to cuddle with and spend lots of time with him. I hope this little guy makes it!
fl.gif
Don't you have more to hatch too? love to see it when you get time.

Well today I finally convinced my parents to let me get a goose I decided on an African female but I have a few questions will it get along fine with my chickens, ducks, turkey, and guineas?

Well today I finally convinced my parents to let me get a goose I decided on an African female but I have a few questions will it get along fine with my chickens, ducks, turkey, and guineas?
While each goose has its own personallity my experience is that they get along fine with other breeds of poultry until they reach maturity. At that point there can be some conflict. My gander, who grew up with my ducks and chickens, reached maturity and began attacking the other birds. I had to create a goose pen apart from everyone else. Even today he will, on occassion, fly over the fence and try to attack the ducks. So, be cautious, be prepared to move your goose apart from other birds and more important, get another goose so they have companionship.

Back
Top Bottom