Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Hey guys I LOVE all of the goose pics!!!!
My Chinese is still laying her eggs but I have my peahen sit on seven to see if any hatch and well I definitely know now my Chinese are somehow related which is very heartbreaking.... I'll tell you how I know!!!!
So 5 died at 1 week 3 from blood circle the others just died. One died at three weeks and its beak was half missing. Last but not least it has been day 30 and I didn't see any movement in the last egg so I opened it up and IT MOVED and I was like OMG..... So it started to have a little blood like normal but as I was looking farther because it wasn't even into position yet I noticed that it's yolk sac hasn't even started to go in.And then it died so I looked further and then I found out why it didn't it knew it wasn't going to make it becuase it didn't have the entire top of its beak and its brains were hanging out but if you don't believe me here's a pic!!!!!

Last edited:
My Chinese is still laying her eggs but I have my peahen sit on seven to see if any hatch and well I definitely know now my Chinese are somehow related which is very heartbreaking.... I'll tell you how I know!!!!
So 5 died at 1 week 3 from blood circle the others just died. One died at three weeks and its beak was half missing. Last but not least it has been day 30 and I didn't see any movement in the last egg so I opened it up and IT MOVED and I was like OMG..... So it started to have a little blood like normal but as I was looking farther because it wasn't even into position yet I noticed that it's yolk sac hasn't even started to go in.And then it died so I looked further and then I found out why it didn't it knew it wasn't going to make it becuase it didn't have the entire top of its beak and its brains were hanging out but if you don't believe me here's a pic!!!!!
So sorry Nate, but at least you know now not to try and hatch any gosling from your pair of Chinese. Poor things didn't have a chance.

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who likes to see why an egg didn't hatch. I always break mine open to see what the problem was. Thanks for sharing Nate.

Back
Top Bottom