Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Goslings going well nice and strong now first time out of the pen today so cute and fluffy let ten in the kiddie pool and they enjoyed the large area of grass

Goslings going well nice and strong now first time out of the pen today so cute and fluffy let ten in the kiddie pool and they enjoyed the large area of grass
Their adorable can they get up the ramps okay? the ramps look slick. sorry I always worry babies are going to get stuck in water and get hypothermia sure is a pretty flock.

Hey everyone I just wanted to drop by and tell you guys the good news. I got Reserve Champion duck at the poultry show I went to and my Sebbies did good the reason for not getting champ is becuase of stupidity and a thing that was overlooked that should of gotten them disqualified but the judge really loved my Male Sebastopol becuase of the way his chest feathers were he said he is the best quality Sebbie he has ever seen but the thing was my Sebbie had a few stained feathers. He also said I could get him to be more white. He said to put a half of a cup of bleach in my kiddie pool for him to swim in but I don't think that is safe because they drink when they swim. Is there anything I could clean him with that would make his feathers more white. If not I was just going to spray some bleach on him and wash it off with a rag and rinse it with water. On the other hand al, 8 of my birds got blue ribbons and BB and one of them got RV so I am happy so now K have a HUFE show about 4 hours away I will be attending. Also I am picking up a 500$ pair of call ducks up there for my show birds becuase I need a few more ducks for show.

Hey everyone I just wanted to drop by and tell you guys the good news. I got Reserve Champion duck at the poultry show I went to and my Sebbies did good the reason for not getting champ is becuase of stupidity and a thing that was overlooked that should of gotten them disqualified but the judge really loved my Male Sebastopol becuase of the way his chest feathers were he said he is the best quality Sebbie he has ever seen but the thing was my Sebbie had a few stained feathers. He also said I could get him to be more white. He said to put a half of a cup of bleach in my kiddie pool for him to swim in but I don't think that is safe because they drink when they swim. Is there anything I could clean him with that would make his feathers more white. If not I was just going to spray some bleach on him and wash it off with a rag and rinse it with water. On the other hand al, 8 of my birds got blue ribbons and BB and one of them got RV so I am happy so now K have a HUFE show about 4 hours away I will be attending. Also I am picking up a 500$ pair of call ducks up there for my show birds becuase I need a few more ducks for show.
Nate that is awesome Congrats. I would be very careful with bleach it can cause yellowing too. plus I am not sure I would even want to spray my geese with bleach. But I do put a cap full in their pools from time to time I'm not sure what would be the best to use to whitening them up. since they are going to drink the water.

Awesome news~ congrats on your duck! Calls are just too precious, hope you can post pictures!
Wonder if the oxine product so many talk about may be a better option? I know very small amounts of bleach is safe. But I would be uneasy also to use much at all either. I don't show but have kept geese forever, my Dad and my Grandma did too. My Embden and Chinese whites seem to stay mostly clean but prior to molt, the do show staining on the feathers as well.

Awesome news~ congrats on your duck! Calls are just too precious, hope you can post pictures!
Wonder if the oxine product so many talk about may be a better option? I know very small amounts of bleach is safe. But I would be uneasy also to use much at all either. I don't show but have kept geese forever, my Dad and my Grandma did too. My Embden and Chinese whites seem to stay mostly clean but prior to molt, the do show staining on the feathers as well.
i was thinking of Oxine and water mixed in the pool if that would work. Might be worth a try anyway. I use Oxine ah but never have used it for whitening.

Well I have some bad news and some really good news so bad news first my second gosling drowned in out adult Toronto which are even difficult for the adults to reach so I have no idea how it go in anyway my second goose flapper all her eggs were rotten so she lost all eight eggs then the good news is my smallest girl bear has hatched out 4 and one is pipping ask I am typing anyway two greys and one full white and one that I think will be a Sebastopol with its colouring so yeah will have some pics tomorrow

Well I have some bad news and some really good news so bad news first my second gosling drowned in out adult Toronto which are even difficult for the adults to reach so I have no idea how it go in anyway my second goose flapper all her eggs were rotten so she lost all eight eggs then the good news is my smallest girl bear has hatched out 4 and one is pipping ask I am typing anyway two greys and one full white and one that I think will be a Sebastopol with its colouring so yeah will have some pics tomorrow
I'm so sorry about your gosling but Congrats on 4 that hatched. Cover that what ever that was the gosling got into an drowned. Look forward to pics.

I am so sorry for your loss. Excited for your hatch! I have 6 eggs on week 3 in the bator, all Embden! Crazy late in the year, but I will sure take them!

so here are the pics i promised now have six two only hatched a little while ago but for the fluffy ones there is one with a weak leg the left leg is functioning well as for the right leg it is really red and has a scab on it I have taken a pic and i really don't want to cull it is this normal as for the other ones they are really healthy and moving well

Back
Top Bottom