Got a new camera and I THINK I figured it out! PICS!* of the lil ones!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Quote:If I could get hubby to agree to it, and the cats to not freak out or eat it - HECK YEAH I'd have a little showgirl in the house, or three...

Our one cat saw the horse outside today, and the LOOK on his face priceless! "Oh HECK NO you're not bringing THAT in here!" as he VERY slowly moved away from the window! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  2. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Hey Lisa,
    Yes your lil showgirl is a darling. She is so funny, I gave them a noodle and that lil thing wants to grab it and eat it whole. She is so tiny and fast, I have been calling her Dash. [​IMG]
    She got almost ALL the noodles, as Lily is a bit like my Fussy, she wants to look it over first. So lil Dash grabs em and runs, cheeping like mad.
    She is still mighty small. I could just see you going across the country with your dog and a chick! [​IMG]
    She does get cold easy tho, I havent been handling them too much because they tremble so bad, I feel sorry for them. So its only been a few minutes a day. I hope they dont get too flighty because of that, I need to spend a bit more time with them. I spend LOTS of time, just not with me actually "handling". Its been so cold here, be glad your down south!
    Should be nice tomorrow tho! [​IMG]
    Jill

3. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Songster

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    ok thank you for telling me what showgirl means - glad my hubby did not see thepic of the vegas showgirl !!!
    as far as the showgirl chickens how are they with other chickens - friendly? calm? are they great layers? and where do I get one ? I get all my chicks from privett and I dont think they have them.

4. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Songster

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    They are so cute!!!!!

I love the look in Disco Lils face in number 4, staring into the camera like "What, you want to start something?"

It's hysterical! [​IMG] So much personality!

5. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Songster

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    LOL, Pei you are right. I have a VERY difficult time getting pics of Disco cuz she almost ALWAYS runs up to the camera and wants to see what I am doing or whats going on. So most of the shots are like THAT! You wouldnt believe it, I have about 50 shots of her in various beak inquiring poses right up in your face! [​IMG]
    These chicks DO have the personality, for sure!

Thanks for everyones comments. [​IMG]

Jill

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: