got a new game today,, UPDATE post 103

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by the1much, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Songster

Jan 29, 2007
    Quote:They'll be soft spurs growing in and I don't think that they'll be too big.
    I did one roo with the hot potatoe and it worked pretty well actually, it did bleed some tho so I disinfected and put vetwrap on it also kept him in a small cage for a couple of hours to give it a chance to stop bleeding. Alls well and I've kept them to make earings or whatever with them. [​IMG]

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

cools,,, thanks !
    i guess i could do it that way,, and if they didnt get short enough, do it the other way to get them shorter,,,,,,,,,,,,, remember Jim,, little steps lol [​IMG]

3. the1much

well,, i got an emergency oilfield call,, was out alot,, then its suppose to rain hard all weekend, so i used a dremil, and cut an inch off, cause it was late, and with cold and rain i didnt want a chance for it to get "yucky" on him,,, so i figured the dremil was a fast, easy,and safer on the bleeding,, since it was an hour before dark,, there was no bleeding, and he just laid there in my jacket while i cut away,, almost like he LOVED it hehe ,, i figure after all this rain,, i'll cut them even shorter.
    just wanna thank you all !

4. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm glad it went well. He is probably glad not to have them stabbing him when he sits!

5. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Songster

Jan 29, 2007
    Quote:Well he'll have some relief until then.
    Good going! [​IMG]
    Hope all's well with the emergency [​IMG]

6. the1much

Quote:Well he'll have some relief until then.
    Good going! [​IMG]
    Hope all's well with the emergency [​IMG]

Thanks ,,, and ya it all went well,,, they tried to blow up 1 of our separators we rent to them lol,, they call it an emergency cause it would of cost them around 45,000 bucks lol [​IMG]
    tomorrow im gonna trim more off,, now that im over the "shakey hand syndrome" [​IMG]

7. the1much

i did the deed again,, got the spurs down to under an inch [​IMG] [​IMG]
    with NO blood what-so-ever,, ya should see him walking with BIG steps,,, hehe [​IMG]
    wanna thank you all ,, now,,,, for my black grey game [​IMG]

8. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    yay that's good you got the spurs trimmed down with no issues what so ever!!!! My poor roo (the one i got the same day you got yours) was murdered by a raccoon...i avenged his death.

9. the1much

Quote:spit on the coons remains for me man,,, that suks,,, sorry man,,, geesh,, i rather loose 50 hens then 1 of my roo's.

10. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I'm glad all went well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: