got a new game today,, UPDATE post 103

the1much

Currently Birdless Hippy
11 Years
Jul 20, 2008
with maurice, the original space-cowboy
hiya alls,, well got a new game fowl today,, man i love free birds
big_smile.png
,, but anyways, i have no idea what kind,, but more important,, how ta heck do i trim his spurs,, this poor dude is a couple years old, and has spurs 3 or 4 inch's long, that point UP. poor guy cant even sit without them jabbing his underside. heres some pics, will get better ones after he calms down and figures out im not gonna eat him lol
thanks alls.

100908_151000.jpg

100908_162800.jpg

100908_151100.jpg

UPDATE: the spurs were cut-off with a dremil and a cut-off disc,, and everything worked out great!!

Last edited:
wow those are pretty long poor guy! if that was me, i'd just take some really good wire clippers and trim about a half an inch off and then file it down some (to make it not so pointy) and wait a few days and trim again (only to avoid trimming too short and making him bleed). I've never trimmed a roosters spurrs before (never needed to) but if i had to that's how i'd do it---just the same as how i trim a goats hooves that were let to grow way too long.

sorry i can't help on the breed type...he looks like a bantam type though??? is he or is he bigger?

cool chicken leg leash by the way (dunno the real terminology) i'd do that here, but fox and owl and hawk would make quick dinner of em.
sad.png

Last edited:
thanks!! ya i was just gonna cut them, but didnt know if there was a "too far" point , and really didnt want my first time to be an "ugly scene". ya i thought he was small too, he's a little bigger then half, of my other game,, so yup,, i think bantam too
sad.png

cool, guess what, my mom just brought me home a rooster too! Free, I named him Wilber
wink.png

He looks a lot like yours but different flesh and combs. I'll post him here to show ya, I have no clue what breed he is either...all i know was he was going to be butchered because he was pooping on a saddle
wink.png
. He was my moms bosses chick, well i guess it's good to call him a rooster now
wink.png

Mine i dont *think* is a bantam, he's pretty heavy and I know he's three months old. I did a leg rope on him (a homemade one haha) just so I could keep him still while i took some pictures cuz now i wanna know what mine is too
big_smile.png

*After this it's off to "what is my chicken"!
big_smile.png

IMG_3534.jpg

a1111.jpg

a1a2a.jpg

a1a1.jpg

wow,, he is pretty,, i love that maroon color with the black,, and he does look heavy, and he should get bigger,, his spurs are still just bumps, so he has a way to go!.
this is my other game,, i went through all the "seperating" work because of him,, but man he was pretty,,er,, IS pretty lol.

072008_1735.jpg

072008_1733.jpg

Back
Top Bottom