Got a Second Ferret...Need Name Help! Photos Added!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Well, I WANTED a female ferret.

Wound up getting a very, VERY large male. He licks. EVERYTHING. He wants to lick your hand, face...just a licky thing. Anyway, the second I got him, I said "Gander!"

Because our original ferret (the 1 year old) is named "Goose". Well THAT was a huge voice of contention between my fiance and I. He named "Goose" because of "Top Gun" which I've never seen. So, supposedly naming my ferret "Gander" completely underminded his ferret's name.

SO, we spent time trying to pick out a new name. Finally, came up with "Tyson". (Think big right? Doesn't get much bigger than Tyson.)

Anyway, Brandon came to me yesterday and says that he feels awful about making me pick a different name and to name him whatever I want. Thing is...now I can't figure out which name I like best!

Tyson or Gander? Which one?

Help!

ETA: Photos will be added if needed!

Last edited:
Hi
I named my male ferret Hobbes, because it means "male ferret" and I liked it.
Have fun, Karen

Go with Tyson...GOOSE was an awesome character in TG! And if you havent seen it (seriously?), you should. It's a classic (& I don't like Tom Cruise); the bar scene serenade is wonderful!

I like Gander, but if you wanted to stick with the TG theme (you really need to watch it) why don't you name him Maverick (from the movie) Maverick also seems like a "big guy" name.

Love my Critters! :

I like Gander, but if you wanted to stick with the TG theme (you really need to watch it) why don't you name him Maverick (from the movie) Maverick also seems like a "big guy" name.

Great idea! Plus, you'll get brownie points from the fiance...major ones if you actually WATCH THE MOVIE!​

You seriously need to see Top Gun RoPo. It's one of my hubby's fav movies. I have to admit I like it alot too. The bar scene is great, you'll know it when it happens, and of course everybody say it with me now... "I feel the need.... for speed!"

Ok, so as far as naming your ferret goes, I do like Maverick but if you've already said no to that go in a different direction than Gander. I agree that it takes something away from the one named Goose. I'm not sure I can make a suggestion until you post some pictures...
wink.png

What color is he?
If he's white, you should name him Iceman.
That was Val Kilmer's character in TG.

There was also Viper, Slider, Jester, Wolfman & Hollywood.

Where'd who gooooooooooooo?????
(You really need to watch the movie. Its a good one.)

Ropo... honestly, how cool are these little guys? I have been thinking of getting one...just not sure i want to commit to them if i wont like them...
Can you play with them? Do they stink bad? Do they piss everywhere in your house when they are out of the cage? If you let them out of the cage... do they go back into the cage on their own? Or do you have to have a ferret hunt and catch every day? OOh and do the bite?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom