Got baby ducklings and they had their first bath

Karen09

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Wyoming, New York
I got 15 baby "mallard" ducklings and 15 baby cayuga ducklings last week and they are so cute. They had their first bath tonight and it was so much fun watching them swim around. We only had the water up to their bellies in the shallower part of the tub and just enough to swim if they wanted to in the deeper part of the tub. The mallards dove and swam around so fast - it was so cute. The cayugas were alittle more tentative but still enjoyed their bath. They lasted longer than I expected also. Last year they only lasted about 5 minutes before we noticed they were tiring out but they were in for about 15 tonight. I took pictures so I will try to upload them this week. I read to put fresh grass over the wood chips for them to munch in their bedding area and they love it. They eat some of the grass and use some to sleep on. Just too cute they be!

Awwwwwww.... They sound so sweet. I want some mallard ducklings to go along with my call duck pair. Those 2 breeds are about the same size. Miniature.

Back
Top Bottom