Got my babies... pics....

Mojo Chick'n

Empress of Chickenville
11 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Republic of Chickenville
Well, I got my babies this morning. I was going to get them tomorrow, but they came in today at the feedstore, and my kids overslept, so I had to go to town to take them to school anyway.....

I got 4 Black Australorps, and 6 americaunas. The pics are mostly hind ends, LOL I'll get better pics when my kids get home and I have someone to hold them while I snap the picture.

One baby is a blue/silver, very pretty. He's the one who is looking directly into the camera, LOL I tried to get a side shot to show his color, but he wanted to pose, instead.

Here they are....

P0002645.jpg

P0002649.jpg

P0002646.jpg

P0002648.jpg

aren't they just squishy cute !!!??

Yep, they are those flat marbles for plant decorations and such.

I'm having a hard time keeping the heat adjusted. It's been warm here the last couple days, so we've had the heat off. But, they are parked by my snake tank (I had to turn his heat lamp off today - it got too hot), and the room is closed, because the dogs are both geeked over the peeping when they first got here - and I have an old cat who would probably harrass them to death - even if she is too old to actually "hunt" them. The room, therefore, holds the heat really well.

I have another box, twice as big as this one, which I need to get ready to move them into - I just haven't had a chance to do it yet. That way, they'll have a longer area, so they can escape the heat if it gets too bad. Right now it is 95 in there, but the lamp is touchy, so the slightest variation in angle and it gets too hot. I don't want chicken nuggets when I get up tomorrow morning, LOL.

On another note, this is not chicken related, but I am so thrilled, I gotta tell someone. I went to my local second hand shop today, and bought a white trapunto quilt - queen size, in perfect condition - not a spot on it, for 10 BUCKS!!!!!
It is beautiful. (the old cat loves it, LOL)

Oh, btw - the chickies, I got a great deal on - if I bought chick starter, I got 5 free, then I bought 5 more - for one dollar each. It's been a great day for money deals for me, <g>.

Peace -
Meriah

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, got some better pics....

P0002657.jpg

P0002651.jpg

P0002657.jpg

P0002653.jpg

I moved them to a larger box, and they seem a bit better on the heat regulation. This one should be big enough, also, to hold them for a couple of weeks, at least.

Peace -
Meriah

adorable! our farm store has a 5 free chick w/ started purchase too, but you have to get cornish x chicks. we don't want cornish cross *pouting*

Back
Top Bottom