Got my chicks today!

Quote:
I'm getting 2 Australorps, 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks, 2 Red Stars, and 2 Easter Eggers... May 10th is the first date that combo was available. But that's ok because I'm spending the time building the coop/run, and making a brooder, and learning everything I can about chickens.
smile.png

Quote:
I'm getting 2 Australorps, 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks, 2 Red Stars, and 2 Easter Eggers... May 10th is the first date that combo was available. But that's ok because I'm spending the time building the coop/run, and making a brooder, and learning everything I can about chickens.
smile.png

that's awesome! i love the australorps too! (and all the others! i'm chicken crazy) just be sure to post pics when you get them! i'm gonna have to learn how to post pics here, i hope it's not to hard to do. hubby can help me if needed. i suck with computers!

Thanks everyone! They're all doing well this morning and I'm loving it! They are all a lot more feisty today! One of the aussies had little bit of dried droppings on her bum. I cleaned her up so she doesn't get pasty. My homemade brooder seems to be doing a good job keeping the temperature pretty steady. I'm a stay at home mom, so I get to check on them like a hundred times a day
wink.png
My little boys (3.5 and 2) love the chicks. My oldest told me they are his best friends, haha:lol:

Quote:
smile.png

I had wanted to get a Silver Laced Wyandotte, I just think they are so beautiful! But I couldn't wait that long until I could get one, so I got the BR instead. I am due to have a baby in June, so I wanted to make sure these chicks were ready to go out into the coop before the baby is born! Hubby is already wanting to double the flock, haha, but I think we will wait until late summer to do that. Hopefully I can get some Wyandottes then!

Back
Top Bottom