Got my coffee, a donut, and a happy song in my head....

Quote:
Yup, Daddy's chair is ALWAYS the best spot if the kids can claim it. Usually 2 or 3 of them will squish together if they can.

Grant's enjoying the chance to have Daddy's spot to himself unless he wants MIL or me to hold him for a while. Why yes, he is getting whatever he wants within reason right now. Since what he wants is a video on, his pillow and blanket, potato or squash soup and to sit in the chair with a drink at hand, I'm not finding him too demanding. Tho' I think I know the entire script to Nightmare Before Christmas now. Then he wants MIL or me when he had to take a breathing treatment.

What are you up to? And Orchypants?

Last edited:
I'm working and planning food for tomorrow just in case we can't go to my aunt's house. DS#1 woke up with a bad stomach this morning so I want to be prepared if he's still not feeling well tomorrow.

I refuse to be one of those people who haul their sick kids out on holidays. DH's brother and SIL brought their kid who had been puking ALL DAY to Christmas Eve at our house one year - yours truly ended up puking for two days because the sick little sucker couldn't keep his hands off of ANYthing.

Yes, it still makes me angry years later.

Quote:
Yuck, I can't stand that either! Never mind getting everyone else sick, I'm exposing an already sick kid to HOW many other germs and we all know what happens THEN.

I got a new signature, I feel dressed again.

poor little dude in NICU. And I'm grateful Grant is well enough for daddys chair.
Quote:
Yup, Daddy's chair is ALWAYS the best spot if the kids can claim it. Usually 2 or 3 of them will squish together if they can.

Grant's enjoying the chance to have Daddy's spot to himself unless he wants MIL or me to hold him for a while. Why yes, he is getting whatever he wants within reason right now. Since what he wants is a video on, his pillow and blanket, potato or squash soup and to sit in the chair with a drink at hand, I'm not finding him too demanding. Tho' I think I know the entire script to Nightmare Before Christmas now. Then he wants MIL or me when he had to take a breathing treatment.

What are you up to? And Orchypants?

Quote:
Ditto. I've had upper respiratory crud for 2 weeks now and I have no energy to do the necessary baking tonight. *sigh*
MIL Step is cooking and all bummed out that DH and ours are the only one coming for dinner (8 kids). She thinks people should wait until she dies before they have their own family gatherings. i enjoy it when the whole crew is there but I also understand.

The baby does not have cancer in his brain or spinal column, so it is treatable still! Very good news today and his parents are most thankful for the news. They are starting chemo today on the little guy, so they will be in the hospital with him over the weekend, but they need to be with their little guy, and DH doesn't mind helping out. Everyone covered for him when he was with Grant, it all works out in the end.

Never thought I'd be thankful Grant was THAT sick, but guess there was a reason after all.

Great news on the baby!

I made 6 pies today.
Got my turkey washed, racks in oven set to right heights,
in the morning I will mix together the stuffing stuffs and stuff the turkey and get it in the oven!!

I made sweet potato pie, pumpkin pie and pecan pie,
what, no apple pie?!!

Back
Top Bottom