Got my first chickens in about 15 years! SO excited!!!

Suncat12

Chirping
10 Years
May 24, 2013
I haven't had chickens in about 15-16 years. I am super excited to say that we recently bought a small coop and then 4 buff orpington pullets and now have our little urban/backyard flock! They are 8 weeks old and growing fast!

I grew up on a farmette and my husband on a farm. We are country kids who have lived in the city for 12 years. Our city allows 4 hens. We are really enjoying our 4 girls!

Haha we had chickens and turkeys for years (many in New England), then moved to California where we built a coop and got a more reasonable amount (14). Sold them off in 2014 to take a retirement trip to Europe for 3 months since there was no one to care for them. Came back, got them again and after a couple of years gave up so we could travel occasionally. Now due to the virus we don't see ourselves going anywhere anytime soon so got 4 older hens in molt who just began laying, and while waiting for them to recover from being battery cage hens, got 13 CHICKS who are now 3 weeks old. Back to the old cycle about how to merge chicks with chickens safely, and will wait to start up our neighborhood egg business in October/November! They pay us and the neighbors in eggs to pay for their feed, if all goes well.

Back
Top Bottom