Got my first egg at 18 weeks! Pics!

Quote:
How many chickens do you have right now? I think I remember you saying you have some EE's. Any green or blue eggs yet? We have some but so far, only light brown(pink) eggs. HOwever, only 2 are laying so far.(I think.) So we have 4 more that might.

I only have 5, that's how many I can fit in my small yard. 3 RIRs and 2 EEs. The EEs aren't laying just yet, and I don't expect them to for maybe a month or so. One of them is white/buff colored and has slate colored legs. I have a feeling she might be a blue layer, but I can't be certain.

thumbsup.gif
Pet Duck Boy All I can say is Holy Moly! and Congrats!

the holy moly is because my RIRs are hatched 3/1 approx. and are production reds and I do not have their nest box done yet! Guess I better slip in that vegetable drawer with some shavings in it just in case someone is getting too close to Not lay! Have not heard the egg song, but I 'm not an early riser either!
hide.gif

and Congrats because it's got to feel good to know that your hard work has paid off finally!

woot.gif

wee.gif

Congrats on the egg! I can't wait to get mine, but it'll be a looooong time from now. Your dog looked hilarious, like he couldn't decide to run away or what!

Got the fourth egg today! It's only Runty that's laying right now, but another RIR is doing the "egg squat". Hopefully Runty will learn to lay everyday, she is a production red anyways. These eggs are so small! (To me at least!)

I thought the chickens started laying at 20 weeks? or is it different with different kinds of chickens? mine are 12 weeks I think... they were hatched on April 12th... Congratulations on your first egg... I can't wait...
ya.gif

Quote:

Quote:
That is great!
wee.gif
One of ours FINALLY laid a blue egg today.
ya.gif
3 are laying pinkish or brown eggs and the one is laying BLUE. I have 2 more hens to start laying. I hopefully will have another blue or green. I hope yourr EE lays soon too. And, I hope it is blue.

Back
Top Bottom