Got my first egg!

I have one RIR and she's given me TWO whopping double-yolkers so far...

Wow, I have 2 RIR's and nothing and they are over 30 weeks, I would settle for a bantam egg right about now,

My baby tiny Tina gives me 5 a week and the big guys nuttin...
he.gif

I had several double yoker, huge eggs int he beginning, which seems like ages ago and was only November!! But out of my 12 hens I pretty regularly get 9 -12 eggs a day...that is alot of eggs for us to eat!! I give my friends alot of them, so Steveo, start writing down all those recipes Miss Prissy posts becasue you will soon be oeverrun with eggs!!

Those sure are pretty! Congrats!! One of my barred rocks just started laying, and her eggs are so dinky! Compared to my other pullets, her eggs look like bantam eggs. I hope they get bigger soon-

Really nice. It is so exciting each day to see what they have in there for you, isn't it? Mine just started too and it is great.

Ellie

I am really surprised at how much I look forward to going out to the coop to see if there are some eggs. I am like a kid in a candy store lol. Today I had to refrain and wait for the kids to get home from school so that they could go out and get the eggs.
big_smile.png

I am really surprised at how much I look forward to going out to the coop to see if there are some eggs. I am like a kid in a candy store lol.

This is exatly how I feel. My friends are getting jealous because they see how happy I am with the whole process.
God bless our little chickies. I talk about them like they are my grandchildren,
love.gif

frow.gif

.​

they are really nice sized eggs! im happy for you! about a year ago our one black australorp hen had a TRIPLE yolk! you should have heard her squawking. it was almost as big as my 10 yr old brothers palm. we ate it though.......

Back
Top Bottom