Got Pasture Phase II finished!

jenichick

Songster
12 Years
Jun 1, 2007
NC
We worked hard all weekend and got the new section of our pasture finished. We put up 4 gates, got the barn fenced in and opened up our first paddock to barn access. The three horses and two donkeys now have access to the chicken run area and the barn.

Now we can move to the last and final phase of fencing in the last 4 acres around the pond (dirt hole), and main pasture. I will try to get some pics posted this week.

yippiechickie.gif

I feel for you! I still have three strands of 1 1/2 inch poly tape around the back third of my pasture...just can't get the time to saw more lumber up and get her done.

Dirt hole! LOL!

I have been outside the past three days cutting more trees out of my pasture. When we bought this property it was so thickly wooded you couldn't see 5 feet. Nearly clear now!
woot.gif
I'm just amazed that I've learned how to use a chain saw, cut trees down and chop fire wood. Huh? I'm a city girl!!

Ours was also heavily wooded and on the side of a mountain no less. It's hard work but we love it. I don't use a chainsaw, I let DH do that. We ended up paying someone to get all of our stumps up and dig the dirt hole.

I seeded the dam and 3 1/2 acres with rye and fescue yesterday. I road around on the 4-wheeler with a beer in one hand and a bucket of seed in the other. We haven't had rain here in months and that nice two day rain left the ground wet enough that I felt comfortable throwing the seed out.

You go city girl!! I use the log splitter to split, my back can't handling swinging an axe anymore.

Back
Top Bottom