got the automatic door opener!~***** VIDEO!!!!!!!

here is a start to the three videos i am downloading for you all. Excuse the horrible videos.
hmm.png
keep in mind that the larger cable that is in the video on the door is the old pull style that i was using before the new automatic one. I just have not removed it yet. so picture this working without the big cable.

enjoy... laugh much....
smile.png

part one

part three

Last edited:
thanks for the video, it looks good, nothing to laugh at! what is your door made of? looks lke a piece of wood attached to a larger piece of metal? what are the guides that the door moves in?

i'm expecting my kit any day and want to have it installed by the weekend.

thanks again for taking the time to post the video.

-eric

that 3rd one is the best yet, thanks for taking the time to record and post these. about the pulley..... did you wrap several wraps between the pulley and the motor and then down to the door? or just one wrap and then down to the door.

sorry to be so detailed in the questions, but i like the fact that you're using a heavy door and i want to do the same so i need to understand this pulley thing better.

thanks again,

-eric

I love mine as well. I've had mine for over a year no problems except one morning it was real cold it didn't go up. No problem though it was probably good it didn't go up. The chickens didn't mind it was too cold. Seeing how I'm in a hot climate I build all my coops now three sided no more POP DOORS.

Quote:
Eric, my husband wrapped the fishing line once over the pulley. from door up over the pulley and down then up to the motor and down to door. It split the weight as you know. I am trying to grab a door pull weight from work to see the actuall weight of the door at the pulley side. the motor seems to be fine with what it ended up as.

Back
Top Bottom