"Goth" or "Horror" Themed Coops ?

Ancient Futures

In the Brooder
Feb 12, 2022
Hello All, From Richmond Virginia ! First Post Here- ;-) So, Okay, I DID do my due Diligence, but there just doesn't seem to be much out there, or at least not for the basic search terms- I'm interested and Open to any and ALL Ideas for a 'goth' or 'Horror" Themed Coop- I have a LOT of Black Chickens, lol, a small flock of Ayam Cemanis, and a small flock of Black Jersey Giants,and I AM a Big "Horror" Fan, AND a History Buff, too, so I'd like to do something Really Cool.

Okay, GOTH/HORROR or Cool Historical Ideas for Chicken Coops ! I REALLY REALLY REALLY Want to do something Super COOL, and DIFFERENT,and Still be a Workable Coop to take care of my Beautiful Babies... ;-) Any and All Help is Greatly Appreciated !!

:welcome Your chickens will be laying scrambled eggs. :oops:
Brilliant lol

Hello and welcome to BYC!! Congratulations for joining! Hope you have fun and learn lots! :welcome

How about building the coop as a haunted house and turning the round feeders into like creepy statues or the rectangular ones into coffins? Can make pumpkin bowls to put grit in too. Love the idea!

Hey, those are very cool ideas !! Never even crossed my mind !! That's totally doable- I could probably find an "Evil Tree" Prop, Too ! or Make one, they could roost in it at the same time, but it could be like the one in Harry Potter or something like that, lol.. And Statues are a great idea, too, and also give them places to roost, too, and add lots of atmosphere- I'm planning on it being a good sized walk in run, so all that stuff could be in the run part... See ?! Sometimes it helps to have 'another set of eyes' so to speak, to see stuff you couldn't... I learned that from construction work, long ago.. I always try to have somebody else take a look at my work before I call it done, in case I missed something.. . ;-)

Hey, those are very cool ideas !! Never even crossed my mind !! That's totally doable- I could probably find an "Evil Tree" Prop, Too ! or Make one, they could roost in it at the same time, but it could be like the one in Harry Potter or something like that, lol.. And Statues are a great idea, too, and also give them places to roost, too, and add lots of atmosphere- I'm planning on it being a good sized walk in run, so all that stuff could be in the run part... See ?! Sometimes it helps to have 'another set of eyes' so to speak, to see stuff you couldn't... I learned that from construction work, long ago.. I always try to have somebody else take a look at my work before I call it done, in case I missed something.. . ;-)
Yes in the run was exactly what I was thinking! Definitely pick a theme like Harry potter or haunted house and go all out on it!! Evil trees sound awesome 😂 get some outdoor Christmas lights in red and put them around the top of the run would look cool.. orrrr even get some orange lights and put them in some "fake windows" on the coop with creepy shadow cutouts 😂

Champion Welcome Aboard GIF by Simon Super Rabbit

1646607365707.png

oooh you thinking actual design or like, fun decor? cos I think having black accents on the coop would be beautiful, you could work with interpreting ornate window framing! you could add some really cool antqiue/steampunk stuff to the run (depending on your location).

Hello All, From Richmond Virginia ! First Post Here- ;-) So, Okay, I DID do my due Diligence, but there just doesn't seem to be much out there, or at least not for the basic search terms- I'm interested and Open to any and ALL Ideas for a 'goth' or 'Horror" Themed Coop- I have a LOT of Black Chickens, lol, a small flock of Ayam Cemanis, and a small flock of Black Jersey Giants,and I AM a Big "Horror" Fan, AND a History Buff, too, so I'd like to do something Really Cool.

Okay, GOTH/HORROR or Cool Historical Ideas for Chicken Coops ! I REALLY REALLY REALLY Want to do something Super COOL, and DIFFERENT,and Still be a Workable Coop to take care of my Beautiful Babies... ;-) Any and All Help is Greatly Appreciated !!
One thing to keep in mind ... unless your location is super shaded, traditionally dark goth colors for a coop will make it really hot in Richmond Virginia. Greys with black trim may prove more practical.

One thing to keep in mind ... unless your location is super shaded, traditionally dark goth colors for a coop will make it really hot in Richmond Virginia. Greys with black trim may prove more practical.
YES ! GOOD Reminder about the Heat ! It's easy to get excited and forget the Basics, sometimes, but Yes, Heat IS often an issue here. I'm thinkin of putting lots of little Screened Windows in the Coop, too, but Closable, too. So I'm thinking ACTUAL Shutters would be a Great Idea, wide open cross breezes most of the year, Closed up nice and Warm with shutters in the Winter. And Shutters always look 'Haunted House-Y' Hahaha.... Cos it DOES get Cold here, too, lol... ! We get just as Cold as anywhere, most years, we just have a lot FEWER Days of it, thankfully ! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom