Gotta love a small country town...

I live in western pa too. I think this area is made up of ton's on little towns. Where are you from mangeld, I live between butler and new castle. I think with todays businesses shutting down the mom and pop stores it's nice they are still out there.

I grew up in a small town, moved to Tulsa and was ready for small town life again after a few years.

I live about a mile outside of town.

We also have a wonderful hardware store & owner. Before I was married,I had to fix my sink once, it ran constantly. Being a single lady homeowner. I went in and told the owner, I needed to replace my bathroom faucet. He asked the usual questions and when he got do "do you have shut off valves"...ah no. He showed me how to use a pipe cutter (and loaned me one) gave me the fittings I would need based on his experience of the size of copper pipe old homes had. and just in case, gave me the 2nd size it could be. Took the fittings out of the package and showed me the way they went on the pipe, flex pipe and faucet. Better yet, wouldnt let me pay, till I came back the next day...so he could charge me for what pieces I needed and what I didnt. You dont get that kind of service at Lowes or Homedepot. Even loaned me the other tools I would need, that i didnt have.

Wonderful story. I live in a small town also, and I can remember just this sort of store and the owner when I was a little girl. Now, though, our area is so economically depressed, that the two stores we have are very poorly stocked and very high-priced.

Thanks for sharing!

mangled, you have that " It's a small world after all" song running thur my head now!
barnie.gif
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom