GQF Auto Egg Turner from IncubatorWarehouse.com review

goedric

Chirping
Sep 16, 2017
Newaygo, MI
Not a good experience so far I am afraid. But a useful cautionary tale. Mybe it will help others. The unit came pre-assembled from IncubatorWarehouse.com. I stupidly assumed it was working because i plugged in in and watched it tllt the trays after an hour. I loaded it with eggs (chicken) and put it in the incubator.

Two days later it seemed odd that it was always tilted in the same direction and so I took a careful look. The egg trays were jammed and the motor burned out as a result of the jamming. Inspecting and disassembling, I found that the cheap plastic trays have prongs that slide into the slots in the frame that the motor drives. Both the prongs and the slots had plastic burrs from the manufacturing process that caused the trays to jam instead of freely turning as is required. Two of the six trays were so bad that they were locked in place. One of the remaining 4 was very rough to turn and needed the file treatment as well.

Who knows if the trays came direct from GQF or another brand was packaged with the unit. All I know is what I was sent and that it was poorly made.

Had I been smart enough to look for this i could have fixed it easily enough without any financial loss. At least I discovered the problem early in the cycle and was able to run to farm family home to buy a replacement farminovators unit that seems much better but together (well smooth pieces than fit and turn).

I ordered a new motor... and took a file to the plastic pieces to remove the burrs... the unit now functions properly... so I have a spare I didn't really need... very disappointing experience and I will be very reluctant to buy anything from GQF in the future.

Anyway...

Back
Top Bottom