GQF incubator and hatcher...question

I got my temps regulated and haven't had to adjust it in 4 years, so to say they are good incubators is an understatement. AND the parts are readily available from the manufacturer for any repairs that may need to be done down the road. You won't beat that deal anywhere and I think you will be well pleased. You can even buy replacement wafers ( which I recomend) at the feed store.

Quote:
This may sound like a dumd question, but here goes....Are all the wafers the same for all incubators? ie. size, control..etc?

Also how many do you usually have on hand? And can they be keep on hand for long periods of time? I am assuming that using a temp gage in the unit allows you to know if the wafer is working...?

They have a main wafer and then a backup wafer in case the main one goes out. I keep a couple extra on hand because I have 4 incubators. I also use 2 thermometers and a hygrometer in each incubator. As far as I know the wafers stay good if they are not used, but I have had the experience of buying a bad wafer. Once you start using the incubator and get used to it, you will be good to go. Just make sure you have your temp and humidity where it's supposed to be BEFORE adding eggs. If you do that there will be no need to make adjustments.

I got them both for $450. I plugged them in at his house let them run for 20-30 minutes. temp went up to over 70% in both. So I unplugged them and broughtthem home. Yeah...now all I need is turkey, geese and more chicken eggs....

Good buy! Make sure you clean them throughly and let them run empty for a while before you put anything in them to hatch. Good luck!

How long should they run empty before I can use them? I got a couple of lavender eggs today that I want to incubate to test it out....Can I start this Wed-thur if I let it run those two day? Thanks for all the help everyone...

yes get both thermostats set, set 2 nd one to turn off at 100.5 first to turn off at 99.5 once set temp should be good , 24 hr good for test.

ONE THING ABOUT THE WAFER.....only way they go BAD IS IF THEY LEAK....Then they don't shut the heat off...reason for back-up. if incubator not holding heat or not getting to temp. another reason not the wafer.

GREAT DEAL

Back
Top Bottom