Grab a cup...Putting the Coffee on!

Wow! I don't think this can get any crazier!
barnie.gif
he.gif

We have been gone all day. So when we got home at 9:30pm I checked the bator. We had several eggs with pips and peeps! I now have 5! Mind you it is day 23ish. One is dry and in the brooder. DH said it ate. 4 in the bator. I'm not sure about two of them. I'm going to go to bed...Will check them in the morning.
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

I think that my humidity is too low. I don't have anything to read it. Will have to adjust that with the next ones. They just don't seem to be hatching well. These are hatching day 23. I added some sponges but I'm afraid they will lay on them. They are thin (sponges). Two are toddling around pretty well (chicks).
barnie.gif

I do feel horrible though. I candled the ones that weren't doing anything and decided to go a head and open those. Two were back wards and they were alive. I tried to save them...I think they lost too much blood. It all happened so fast. The rest were dead from day 18. Not really sure what happened to them.
barnie.gif
hit.gif

Does this seem like a "normal' hatch?
idunno.gif
I started with 41 eggs. I don't remember my numbers right now...but I have 5 alive. Several that died before hatching, somewhere between day 18 and 22. Several that were fertil but didn't make it past the first week. I killed (by accident) two. Now I'm not really sure how long to wait. I rechecked my count...start to hatch 21 days. I set the eggs on day 18...three hours late.
hu.gif

Broody hen is really starting to sound better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

R@ndy :

This is my 1st time hatching and I am in the same boat that your in, waiting, waiting and more waiting lol, lol

Yesterday was day20 and I had 2 pips then this morning I woke to my 1st fuzzy butt
smile.png

So I rushed out for coffee, came back fed the other critters and now settled in watching the incubator going nuts
lol.png

I am finding it very hard to stay away and let Nature do its thing:) I'm sweating it but I will resist temptation

Good luck to ya and my fingers are crossed
big_smile.png

The best thing that I can tell you...is leave them be and let them hatch on there own. I have such a hard time just not doing anything!
caf.gif
barnie.gif

Oh, how I feel your pain! Let me know how things go. Lots of hugs!
hugs.gif

Im up to 4 chicks hatching yesterday but I have to run off to work so today Will be crazy waiting to get home lol, lol

4 chicks...
th.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I guess I should be happy with that but I'm really not. So many of them were alive on day 18. I just don't understand. One stuck to its shell overnight and I tried to remove it with a wet cloth. It seemed to be doing well but then it's wing was stuck to itself. I got that loosened and then it died. It has been very humid here...I have water in the pan in the bator...I have kept the temp where it should be. It hasn't seemed to fluctuate much.

Well, four chicks. They seem to be doing well. They are small. They came from RIR hens and Brahma hens. I don't know what the roo was though. Will be interesting to see what they are.

frow.gif

Ahhh glad I'm not the only one who is impatient! I haven't cracked any open yet, even the two that I'm positive are dead. Well actually, I don't think I will. I'll leave them for another day or two then chuck them into the swamp.

Honestly, I'd be happy if I had just 2 from these eggs hatch - a hen and a rooster :p

Waiting is tough. I've got one egg that was completely zipped but I haven't seen any movement since. A couple of other have pipped so I'm getting anxious.

Oh and I have to say I am SO happy someone else is hatching out the turkeys I ordered. It crossed my mind to buy eggs instead of day-olds. I'm glad I didn't. It would be WAY too much stress with eggs that are that expensive and birds that are pre-ordered for Christmas!

Quote:
That will be a yummy Christmas!
thumbsup.gif

Now I'm getting ready to hatch Sebright eggs. I heard these are difficult anyway. Now after this hatch...I don't know about all this.
barnie.gif

I told DH that the Sebright hatch will probably be the last for this year. Well, that is unless this hatch goes really really well and I get adicted again.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Lov'emSouthernEggs :

I told DH that the Sebright hatch will probably be the last for this year. Well, that is unless this hatch goes really really well and I get adicted again.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I'd be careful making statements like that.​

Back
Top Bottom