Grain Grinder

Dave31842

In the Brooder
Apr 9, 2016
Last week I bought a grain grinder at Tractor Supply, works great for grinding up grit, oyster shell and grain. $30.00 + free ship to store. I watched the button quail eat and the chunks were to big, I could see It while they were pecking away. The grinder is adjustable so you can pretty much get whatever size you want. I can say thought that it is much for those little beaks to pick up grit, oyster shell and food. Just thought I would pass it on. Probably like many of you, I had to get it in my budget but am really happy I got the grinder.

Dave

Limited--pictures of grinder. I mounted mine to my bench and adjusted my grinding wheel for a larger grit and oyster shell size and then I can adjust the actual adjustment screw for a smaller size. I buy chick grit which is smaller then regular grit (same cost). I also grind my purena wild game chow starter, it seemed a little big for the button quail mouth. I do mine in two stages. If you get one, you can fiddle with it to suit your own needs. You can look at the pics to see that I used washers as spacers for the wheel attachment. Grinding more then once is less wear and tear on the cast iron wheels. I know that the quail are much happier with the smaller grind. Dave

I also looked on e bay and the cost can vary. I just rather do local stuff. Good idea though.
Dave

I bought mine locally here in Alaska for ~ $17.
They are handy to have that's for sure.
I found it grinds my Chaga for tea quite well. Usually just use the chunk Chaga though.
I like the idea of grinding feed grains though.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom