Gramcracker's coop.

All this rain! It sure has slowed me down. Last weekend was a total loss on progress as 6 more inches and it rained all day Sat leaving the churned up area for the coop a muddy mess. The chicks will be 4 weeks so I need to get this done this week and move them to their new home. I feel badly that they are in a box in the basement, they need more room to play.

I have this coming week off and the weather looks amazing for August!! A late start on my day after watching pre-season Chiefs' football last night. I'm trying to figure out how to get the roof on by myself as my grandsons are back in school this week. Will post some photos of progress.

All this rain! It sure has slowed me down. Last weekend was a total loss on progress as 6 more inches and it rained all day Sat leaving the churned up area for the coop a muddy mess. The chicks will be 4 weeks so I need to get this done this week and move them to their new home. I feel badly that they are in a box in the basement, they need more room to play.

I have this coming week off and the weather looks amazing for August!! A late start on my day after watching pre-season Chiefs' football last night. I'm trying to figure out how to get the roof on by myself as my grandsons are back in school this week. Will post some photos of progress.

Can your grandsons help you with the roof after they get home from school for the day?

I would have loved to see more visible progress on the coop today. Didn't work on it as much as I thought I would get to. More trim is up, the doors and window coverings are cut out and primed, and the hardware will wait for Monday as re-store was already closed when I went to see what they might have. I need to find some critter proof latches. The clean out door will be a simple one that I can hook a lock through as it will only be used occasionally.

I have re-vamped my run plans a bit as 8x8 is going to be easier to handle on my own rather than 8x10. The roof rafters are now drawn out on graph paper. I had been struggling with the roof framing design for several weeks. The run framing is also drafted, revised some as I have learned more from reading the trials of others have had putting on the hardware cloth. I just need to finalize a shopping list for tomorrow morning

Time to re-fill my wheelbarrow with the tools and extension cords that are in the backyard and haul them back inside for the night. It saves lots of trips in and out.

Back
Top Bottom