Gramcracker's coop.

sorry I did straight run on my ameracauna now that was 11 bought ten one left he gave it to me look like I may have 6 pullets of the 11 pretty good odds but would have like more pullets from it

AWWW, that's quite a few roos. Sent a message to one of the men that I work with, his desk is on another floor. I get eggs from his sis via him and thought his sis might like him. Turns out he now has 2 hens and jumped on adopting my Buffy roo. He will probably be spoiled rotten. LOL. Just have to decide when and where. Easier than I thought to re-home him. Got lucky.....

I never buy straight run. Its too expensive to grow them out only to find you have a whole bunch of roosters you can't use. I would rather pay up front and be pretty sure they are sending pullets.

AWWW, that's quite a few roos. Sent a message to one of the men that I work with, his desk is on another floor. I get eggs from his sis via him and thought his sis might like him. Turns out he now has 2 hens and jumped on adopting my Buffy roo. He will probably be spoiled rotten. LOL. Just have to decide when and where. Easier than I thought to re-home him. Got lucky.....

nice for you I am letting all but two already gone grow up so when all but one geas to auction and I will get good money for them

That's awesome that you can do that. I know if he would start crowing I would have neighborhood complaints and with the zoning laws a roo has to go. Steven will be nice to him. He is pretty friendly so far and once you pick him up likes to be held and his chest petted. Not quite like my Jenny who begs to be picked up.

We are fortunate the small town we are in we are almost not really in town just the outskirts and even our mayor has cockerel we talk chicken they come to me for medical care of them

Small country towns are so different than a city. Used to live outside of a small town, I'm a country girl living in the city. Mine is a smaller city that runs smack into Kansas City. Parts of it still have a smaller town feel with the old town square etc.

My neighborhood is early 60"s/late 50's with little ranch houses close together, and mostly fenced yards. I love that my yard backs up to a rarely used area of a city park. The only issue is that with budget cuts the last few years they no longer weed eat the edges so we battle vines and all types of volunteer trees and plants encroaching our back fences. This year mine is out of control as I have spent most of any free time working on my coop rather than my yard.

I found out yesterday I have a couple more vacation days coming than I had planned for !! YAY!!!! so I have a 4 day weekend now the 1st week of Nov. hope the weather is decent. It gives me a couple extra days working on the run. Getting to sick on my week's vacay to work on it was not good timing.

So sorry you are ill .... my laundry list of issues keep me home I would be happy to work but know it would be a problem to run a company now... we are loosing our feed store out of Morton tractor supply bought our Del's feed the older gentleman that had the Del's leased the building of his forefathers to Del's when the current lease ran out tsc has chosen to close the store... they thought someone was bringing another store in now they say no

Back
Top Bottom