Grandbuttons THEY HATCH!! * I FEEL SO STUPID!!!! * UPDATE!

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Well today i take my 6 *test* button quail eggs off the turner..these eggs are from my own button quails...i wanted to see if they were fertile

Witch i think they are!
smile.png

the other day when i open the bator to add some water i pick up each egg and i could have swore i felt movement in each one
jumpy.gif

I don't want to get my hopes all up because these are test eggs and i have to keep reminding myself that but it would be nice to get some Grandbuttons out of all this
smile.png

So like always i will update on here and if all goes well there will be LOTS of pics to share with you all
smile.png
so wish me luck.

Last edited:
****UPDATE****

Well the button eggs are off the turners

but i am having the HARDEST time keeping my humidity down.. i don't have hardly any water in the bator and the humidity keeps going pass 80%

so i took both red plugs off the top to vent more and i'm waiting now to see if it goes back down
barnie.gif

OK i had no choice .. i took all the water out the bator and replace it with a damp cloth.. for some reason the humidity will not go down for anything..when i went to go recheck it was reading HI so that 100%

so out with the water

Last edited:
That's great! I hope you get loads of babies!
jumpy.gif

To help make humidity go down, sometimes you can open the bator a tiny tiny bit, making sure that the temp. doesn't drop too low. Then you wait til hum. goes down a bit.
Another thing you can do is if the bator has precipitation on the walls, wipe it off with a paper towel. This will help some.
hugs.gif

I hope it all works out fine! Good luck!
fl.gif

You did the right thing, but after this hatch I would check your thermomter/hygrometer. It may have gotten wet. Keep us posted!
hugs.gif

Thanks
smile.png

but now i think my bator is acting up.. it wont make the temps go up .. i turn the thingy twice already and the temps still wont go up...there staying at 94.5

When my thermometer got wet inside, it was reading low, too. Do you have another one that you can put in there?

Yea i just put it in there about 10mins ago and the humidity is reading 67% but the temps are reading 95.0 i don't know why my temps wont go up

I don't know why my bator is not working right.. i can turn the knob 50 times and the temp wont go up so i open the bator for one last time and i elevated the eggs high enough to reach a temp of 99.5 witch they are now so i just hope if there are any chicks in the eggs that they didn't die from all the bator problems this morning
hmm.png

Last edited:
fl.gif

What kind of incubator/heating element are you using? Could the wafer have burnt out? Or the heating element gone bad? Knob broken?
hu.gif

I have 2 LG bators and they have been working GREAT for me up to this point.. one LG is only a year old and has only been used 5 times and my other LG is only 1 month old and only been used once and on both the temps wont go pass 99.5 when the racks are in and once the racks are out they wont go pass 95.0

i may have to get my dad to check them out because i'm blank
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom