Grandpa's Farm

M.sue

Songster
12 Years
May 29, 2011
Michigan
Hello,
I am so excited to be a new member. Growing up I spent 98.9% of my time on my grandparents farm. The most cherished memory I have and value is waking up in the summer mornings with the sun peaking through the blinds and hearing the rooster's crow. My husband and I built our home on my grandparents farmland and have 2 children. I want them to experience and value some of the simple pleasures in life such as being able to run out to the garden to grab a tomato when needed, to run out to the coop and snatch an egg or two and of course....wake to the rooster's crow! We have had our chicks for 9 weeks now and they are growing like bad weeds! The kids enjoys them and they are a great social topic for friends when they stop by. We have 3 Buff Orpingtons, 4 Isa Browns, 2 Bantams (one being the rooster) and 3 Black Somethings.....I can't remember what they are, Sussex, Sexlinks, whatever. Anyway we are thrilled to be chicken owners and can't wait to reap the rewards. I joke about having a little egg route like my grandfather did to family and select friends. Who knows, that may come true! M.sue

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. It may take me a bit to figure out the forum and how the whole thing operates...profile, search, uploads, etc.....all that stuff....but I will!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom