Granny's gone and done it again

IDK Camping,
Usually, you'll need nothing more than bed rest and plenty of fluids to treat the flu. But in some cases, your doctor may prescribe an antiviral medication, such as oseltamivir (Tamiflu) or zanamivir (Relenza). If taken soon after you notice symptoms, these drugs may shorten your illness by a day or so and help prevent serious complications.

Oseltamivir is an oral medication. Zanamivir is inhaled through a device similar to an asthma inhaler and shouldn't be used by anyone with respiratory problems, such as asthma and lung disease.

Antiviral medication side effects may include nausea and vomiting. These side effects may be lessened if the drug is taken with food. Oseltamivir has also been associated with delirium and self-harm behaviors in teenagers.

Some researchers recommend further study on both of these drugs because of uncertainty about their effects beyond a slight reduction in the time of illness. Some studies have suggested that these medications can also help reduce the severity of complications. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention still recommends their use for some people.

An additional concern is that some strains of influenza have become resistant to oseltamivir, amantadine and rimantadine (Flumadine), which are older antiviral drugs.

Clinical trials
Explore Mayo Clinic studies testing new treatments, interventions and tests as a means to prevent, detect, treat or manage this disease.

Lifestyle and home remedies
If you do come down with the flu, these measures may help ease your symptoms:

• Drink plenty of liquids. Choose water, juice and warm soups to prevent dehydration.
  • Rest. Get more sleep to help your immune system fight infection.
  • Consider pain relievers. Use an over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others), to combat the achiness associated with influenza. Don't give aspirin to children or teens because of the risk of Reye's syndrome, a rare but potentially fatal condition.
By Mayo Clinic Staff
Request an Appointment at Mayo Clinic
Symptoms & causes
Oct. 05, 2017

Print
Share on: FacebookTwitter
References
Related
Influenza (flu)
Advertisement

Mayo Clinic does not endorse companies or products. Advertising revenue supports our not-for-profit mission.

Advertising & Sponsorship
Mayo Clinic Marketplace
Check out these best-sellers and special offers on books and newsletters from Mayo Clinic.

16 all dri king corid water. I hope no more die.
Me too. :(
8 are 9 weeks old & 8 are 3.5 weeks old.
If coccidiosis is the problem, and they are drinking the corid, you should see improvement soon. The drench idea is good to make sure all are drinking it, especially any weak ones. Give them a couple drops to get them started. Corid not supposed to enter the blood stream, so should be safe. Good luck with them.

Mornings, Up way too early . I guess I am getting that chair today. delivered for same price. I hope its ok. Man said he buys pallets ? Isnt that returned stuff ? I asked him to check all parts are there and he said he would open it and check. I told him he can put it together for me if he wants to. LOL
Probably throwing money away . Sure hope not. Gotta trust right ?
Sounds like a great deal, just make sure you see it before you hand over the cash. TRUST, BUT VERIFY! In fact, I'd make him put it together and give it a test spin in case it's a return or seconds. No return policy, right?
Stores mark up their merchandise way above what it costs them to buy it. If this guy is buying stuff wholesale, he doesn't need to charge much to make some profit since he doesn't have the cost of running a store to pay for, and probably isn't paying the sales tax.
Hope it's what you want.

Pretty sure my whole fam has the flu. After pt I’m going to drag them all to urgent care.
:( Stay strong, camp. They will need you. Make a big pot of chicken soup.
My #2 got the swine flu when he was 7 or so. 104+ fever. I took him to the Dr, and she jammed a swab up his nose for culture sample. :hmm Made him cry! There was a shortage of Tamiflu and his dose had to be compounded, so it took a couple days. It may have helped (at least my peace of mind) but I think he would have recovered fine without it.
Hope they feel better soon.

Probably same yr I got mine. The tamiflu that is. I got the chair and have lost it before it even gets put together. I had him carry it in, take it all out of the box and check the parts list. Far as I can tell its all there. He has called 3 times. Man likes to talk.

Back
Top Bottom