Granny's gone and done it again

I do have a semi-broody scovy. I tried to candle and didn’t see veins or ac. DH thinks pelican eggs. The brown pelican is our state bird! We didn’t see the best when we parked.
A6011C06-86C2-47C6-B058-EDA5D373C6FD.jpeg

LOL Im glad you all finally got your weather home. Still raining here. I dont know what I am supposed to do about the grass.
Sadly, I don't have the grass issue. Think we got away with only 4 times mowing this spring. Everything is dead now unless I water it.

Glad you are getting some rain and some cooler weather. Hope it continues like that all through July! :cool:

Feed is fine, I feed it to 2 other coops. 2 weeks old this weekend. 1 more and it was under the heat plate.
That's too bad. All the same breed from shipped eggs, yes? Were these the ones that had the power out during incubation? Could be they just didn't form properly and it's a failure to thrive thing.

I do have a semi-broody scovy. I tried to candle and didn’t see veins or ac. DH thinks pelican eggs. The brown pelican is our state bird! We didn’t see the best when we parked.
View attachment 1441393
Could be! You could have pelicans!! I looked up the nesting habits, and says they tend to nest in colonies, so you might find some other nests around. Incubation period is 29 to 35 days... just saying! :D

Sadly, I don't have the grass issue. Think we got away with only 4 times mowing this spring. Everything is dead now unless I water it.

Glad you are getting some rain and some cooler weather. Hope it continues like that all through July! :cool:

That's too bad. All the same breed from shipped eggs, yes? Were these the ones that had the power out during incubation? Could be they just didn't form properly and it's a failure to thrive thing.

Could be! You could have pelicans!! I looked up the nesting habits, and says they tend to nest in colonies, so you might find some other nests around. Incubation period is 29 to 35 days... just saying! :D

These are my eggs. Only 1/60 shipped hatched and it’s a CCL and older.

Yes these were in when power problems happened. 1 week in so could be developmental. They are small and not feathering in very well. May be FTT chicks

Back
Top Bottom