Granny's gone and done it again

still no sleep. I wont last long. Dr changed Roberts meds but he didnt get them.
Its bitter cold out. I have lost my first serama already. I was out there freezing doing all I knew to do. Heat lamp, extra bedding, Tons of corn, pop door closed. I dont know what left to do. Supposed to have -35 but Twist supposed to have -56.
Oh no. Sorry. :( You did everything you can. How in the world do you even measure temps like that?

What are Robert's new meds for?

Robert fell asleep on the way home from the drs and slept through CVS and the grocery store and home. He went to bed and is still there.
Sugar problems again? Something else?

Thanks Bama . It is what it is I guess. I have been thinking all day, I wonder if freezing is a painful death ?
It's not too bad for people. Once you get past the shivering stage, people actually feel the sensation of warmth. Unfortunately the brain is struggling by this point, so the person cannot reason properly and starts removing clothing. I can think of worse ways to go. :hmm

Totally forgot I had this pic of my man , Porter.
Thought about you the other day Twist. Crossword puzzle clue: Tibetan Ox

both are bench seats and smoking vehicles NOT sure Granny can get up that high tho
Might depend on what is being smoked in the truck.

besides, I could probably get in, just cant get back out. I will need something to land on. LOL
Twist will be a gentleman and lay on the ground outside the door on your side.

wednesday is high 5 low 2 wind chills -30. I hope the chickens dont suffer. :hit
No wind chill in the coop. My chickens live through temps well lower than that every winter.

Should I lock their pop door ?
If it keeps the drafts down.

:hugsThe LF coop is damp. They have lost toes and combs in there before.
Need better designed ventilation.

heat lamp ? I wonder if that pond deicer will work in those temps. Im loving that set-up BTW .
Pond deicer as a heater for the coop? I think that isn't a good idea, they are supposed to be in water when turned on.

I never do but it leads to their run and water.
Can you put food and water in the coop for a day or two?

cause thats what dogs do when their butt itches. They scoot on the carpet. Hi Wishing !
He doesn't do that kind of Scooting! :lol:

I dont know how they measure that . wind speed/vs/ temp??
Dr is changing his diabetes meds. Same stuff but 2xs strength and long acting.
I cant help but wonder and this is terrible but maybe a blessing in disguise.
Culling your flock, you mean?

Back
Top Bottom