Granny's gone and done it again

I'm pretty sure they are Java Ferns. The leaves and roots grow out of what looks like a stem but apparently is a rhizome instead of having all the leaves growing out of a common base like an Amazon Sword. According to this video I'm not supposed to bury the roots and rhizome or it will die. First I've heard this, don't tell my plants or they might believe it and kick the bucket. I have to toss a bunch of plants every couple of months because I can't see the fish any more.

I thought it looked like it might have been designed for a round dining table or something.
My Javas are sword plants and young plants grow on the leaves.

I'm pretty sure they are Java Ferns. The leaves and roots grow out of what looks like a stem but apparently is a rhizome instead of having all the leaves growing out of a common base like an Amazon Sword. According to this video I'm not supposed to bury the roots and rhizome or it will die. First I've heard this, don't tell my plants or they might believe it and kick the bucket. I have to toss a bunch of plants every couple of months because I can't see the fish any more.

I thought it looked like it might have been designed for a round dining table or something.

I considered putting the table there, but I have started liking it at the patio door.

Back
Top Bottom