Granny's gone and done it again

Camping, that rose looks really healthy.Not a mark on the leaves . I wonder what kind that is ?
I have been out mowing. Came in for a break. Guess what ??? My pear tree is smack full of buds getting ready to bloom. Its been years ! Its also very tall and looks like my ornamental pears . That cant happen right ?

Just a knockout rose.

Our fruit trees like a good pruning. Was that one of the ones the sneaky fish-turds cut?
I dont have a ladder tall enough to trip the top out. Its in my fruit tree (dont laugh) orchard. I have 3 pears, 2 apples, grapes and a peach tree that has remained 6 in. tall for the past 5 yrs.

I dont have a ladder tall enough to trip the top out. Its in my fruit tree (dont laugh) orchard. I have 3 pears, 2 apples, grapes and a peach tree that has remained 6 in. tall for the past 5 yrs.
Trip the tree out ?? LOLOL Not sure what I was going for here.

Just a knockout rose.
Such a vibrant color. After hubs' mom passed, we got some cuttings from her roses to keep them going here. One, my favorite, was a very similar color to yours. Of course that one didn't make it. :hmm The curse of the favorites... I tell ya, it sucks.

Such a vibrant color. After hubs' mom passed, we got some cuttings from her roses to keep them going here. One, my favorite, was a very similar color to yours. Of course that one didn't make it. :hmm The curse of the favorites... I tell ya, it sucks.
Not as bad as the tree I planted over my stepF has died. How do you replace that ? If I dig in the same hole I will be digging him up.

Its not an easy task to get a rose clipping to root. My GM had a knack. I do not.
We got several cuttings to root and grow, that's how I knew the color, but the plant didn't make it. Maybe if I hadn't let it bloom it would have survived. :hmm sigh
A lot of roses are grafted onto disease resistant root stock. Cuttings will not be as hardy. That might be what happened. We didn't look to see if they were grafted (if I could even tell).

We got several cuttings to root and grow, that's how I knew the color, but the plant didn't make it. Maybe if I hadn't let it bloom it would have survived. :hmm sigh
A lot of roses are grafted onto disease resistant root stock. Cuttings will not be as hardy. That might be what happened. We didn't look to see if they were grafted (if I could even tell).
easy to tell. there will be a ball just above the roots. Its not supposed to be planted or it will revert back.

Back
Top Bottom