Granny's gone and done it again

No pollinators. I follow Lumnah Acres on YouTube. They just built a huge "high tunnel", everything growing like gangbusters but the squash isn't getting pollinated (even though they also have 2 bee hives nearby) so they are hand pollinating.
The large bumblybees have been in and out of everything this year.. Cucs next to the zsquash are doing just fine, all the beans did fine, even the eggplants are giving me produce.. so many cherry tomatoes I can't keep up.. just not the squash.

your welcome i hope you find something. You can sex barred rocks red and black sex links crested cream legbars and they have blue eggs .
Uh, I ain't sexin' nuffin with my luck.. black sex linked pullets are easy, hopefully if I can find some a bit older, it will be easier, but 2 day old chicks, not so much.

Speaking of sex links, my bsl pullet sounds more like a goose than a hen..lol

A few snaps from my vacation.
Hopefully you didn't bring home any virus!

Alley ! Cant just show me fudge and expect me to sit still over it !! :old Give GM my addy and I in turn will let her know if it can be world famous. LOL
Or at least BYC famous.

Scleroderma is believed to be an autoimmune disease.
"believed to be"
I do NOT like that description, it means they don't know enough about it :(

Gotta love even bad taco bells.
Um, no you don't. Bad pretend Mexican food is bad no matter what.

I think it's a lot harder with smoking, though. Nicotine is so addictive. Sometimes people are motivated and really to want to stop smoking or eat less, they just don't know how. Little help can go a long way.
Isn't that why they have nicotine replacements, patches and such?? I think the nastiest part of cigarettes is the tar.

we had a cat that way whenever you vacuumed the steps you HAD to do him. Until HE was satisfied. He also used to play fetch.
:lol: We have 3 house cats and they will all run for a hiding place as soon as they hear the vacuum start to roll out of the laundry room. And no none of them has ever been assaulted by a vacuum cleaner.

Evening, y'all. I'm here but I'm back on page 76 or something. By the time I get caught up you'll all be turning the lights out.
If you are on page 00076 ALL of our lights will be permanently out by the time you catch up.

AH but electronic's age much faster. (become obsolete)
Yep. I have an Olympus camera I got in 2001 or 2002. It has a Smart Media card that pretty much no one else used.

SmartMediaCardFront.jpg
Still have the camera, cards and the external reader for the card but replaced it with a Nikon Coolpix P610 a couple of years ago.

Folic acid, right?
Um, no that is one of the B vitamins.

well look on the bright side it wasn't a mouse :D
Oh, you mean like the carcass I found on the mudroom floor this morning? Always nice (not so much) to find those.

you take the sd card out of the camera and put it in the computer and it will read that way w/o a cord/
ONLY if the computer has a reader slot for the card! My laptop has one for an SD card but if I had replaced the old one with the newest model it wouldn't have one. Apple keeps removing "features" from their computers. No ethernet port, no CD drive, no camera card reader. Even DWs iMac desktop doesn't have a CD drive.

My finger hurts, even with ice. Glad I am on antibiotics.
Ow! I hope you get that cleared up.

No swooning, but women were throwing underwear!
Stripping down right there at the concert? :eek:

I think riding one of those horses would be like sitting on my washing machine on spin.
That is about what I thought, ours can really get a serious vibration going.

high tunnel bruce?
I gather that if one wants to be particular a greenhouse has glass and high tunnels are covered with greenhouse plastic. A low tunnel / hoop house would be one that you lift up to get to the plants. I would have just called them all greenhouses. I think the one Lumnah Acres got is something like 30' x 60'!

The large bumblybees have been in and out of everything this year.. Cucs next to the zsquash are doing just fine, all the beans did fine, even the eggplants are giving me produce.. so many cherry tomatoes I can't keep up.. just not the squash.
Well at least it is just the squash not doing well (I'm not a squash fan ;) )

Uh, I ain't sexin' nuffin with my luck.. black sex linked pullets are easy, hopefully if I can find some a bit older, it will be easier, but 2 day old chicks, not so much.

Speaking of sex links, my bsl pullet sounds more like a goose than a hen..lol
Except sex links won't breed true so you wouldn't be able to sex them at hatch. You would need to make your own sex links with the proper mix of parents. I don't know a lot about it but one of the parents (don't remember if it is the male or female) has to be barred.

Our neighbors were out looking today, but they didn't see her either. They looked closer to our place and all the way down to our fence .
:( I was sure hoping she'd be back by now.

CapricornFarm said:
No swooning, but women were throwing underwear!
Stripping down right there at the concert? :eek:
It was Tom Jones. all the ladies wore dressess
Granny Hatchet said:
I think riding one of those horses would be like sitting on my washing machine on spin.
That is about what I thought, ours can really get a serious vibration going.
Umm I need to do some laundry at your house ! :gig

Back
Top Bottom