Granny's gone and done it again

Bandaid pills, boy isn't that the truth. Bad day today. I woke up with my lumbar spine painful. I seem to be walking sideways today even when I'm walking straight. Pain pills taking the edge off but man o man does this sofa feel good!

I've yet to see a neurologist. What have they done for you that has helped you? We seem to have the same things going on.

Ugh, I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible! My pain is manageable today but my brain is not firing on all cylinders.
Ok, so this is going to be a book but I'll try to share a bit about my experience. I can't share everything because I've been trying to fix this for years and years. I have more than one neurologist but I get a lot of migraines, like sometimes more than 20 in a month...so that's why I was actually sent to a neurologist in the first place but one of my neurologists called it "cervicogenic migraines and neck pain" meaning my migraines come full circle and are also related to my neck problem. So he helped me by A, understanding what I was going through and B, has never stopped trying to find a solution. I have been really lucky with two great neurologists though.
So, Botox, I hate it, it actually makes my migraines worse for a couple of weeks after injections BUT it significantly relieves neck pain and most people don't get migraines from it. The insurance doesn't approve it for neck pain but it does for migraines, so my neurologist always injected it in between my cervical discs as well as temples, etc. With that said, I stopped treatment because I was always out of commission for 2 straight weeks with migraines and that wasn't beneficial to me.
They're also the one's sending me for MRIs biannually to make sure I have enough spinal fluid getting to my brain. That's kind of important. lol

So this is not something most medical professionals will do, but one of my sat down and talked to me about alternative methods of treatment for almost an hour. Eating a diet that will lower inflammation in your body will help with almost ANY ailment related to physical pain. That is a HUGE one and when I stick to the diet I always feel better but I'm really bad about falling off the wagon. He also talked to me about acupuncture, which we've already discussed, and physical therapy massage including a vibrating thingy that I can't remember what it was called but it always gave me relief. I can't use a tens unit, it tightens my muscles every single time but the ultrasound vibratey thingy was wonderful.

Ugh, I'm so sorry! That sounds terrible! My pain is manageable today but my brain is not firing on all cylinders.
Ok, so this is going to be a book but I'll try to share a bit about my experience. I can't share everything because I've been trying to fix this for years and years. I have more than one neurologist but I get a lot of migraines, like sometimes more than 20 in a month...so that's why I was actually sent to a neurologist in the first place but one of my neurologists called it "cervicogenic migraines and neck pain" meaning my migraines come full circle and are also related to my neck problem. So he helped me by A, understanding what I was going through and B, has never stopped trying to find a solution. I have been really lucky with two great neurologists though.
So, Botox, I hate it, it actually makes my migraines worse for a couple of weeks after injections BUT it significantly relieves neck pain and most people don't get migraines from it. The insurance doesn't approve it for neck pain but it does for migraines, so my neurologist always injected it in between my cervical discs as well as temples, etc. With that said, I stopped treatment because I was always out of commission for 2 straight weeks with migraines and that wasn't beneficial to me.
They're also the one's sending me for MRIs biannually to make sure I have enough spinal fluid getting to my brain. That's kind of important. lol

So this is not something most medical professionals will do, but one of my sat down and talked to me about alternative methods of treatment for almost an hour. Eating a diet that will lower inflammation in your body will help with almost ANY ailment related to physical pain. That is a HUGE one and when I stick to the diet I always feel better but I'm really bad about falling off the wagon. He also talked to me about acupuncture, which we've already discussed, and physical therapy massage including a vibrating thingy that I can't remember what it was called but it always gave me relief. I can't use a tens unit, it tightens my muscles every single time but the ultrasound vibratey thingy was wonderful.
Wow, Cluck, that's ... amazing. Horrible. But... great that you have the kind of support that you do. That one dr that sat you down and talked with you about options and alternatives, thank goodness for him. And wow, the Botox, ugh! Two weeks of migraines, just, NO. I'm sorry this is your experience. You are amazing to be dealing with it. Bless you. :hugs These goofy little virtual hugs are not enough but ... they're all I got, Lady. ❤

Botox for the neck pain? Prolly stops the muscle spasms I would guess. They told me my vertebrae were so unstable that the muscles were spasming trying to keep everything held together and loosing the battle.

I got this article today from Veritas/Spine Health. They send me a weekly news 'letter' and it's very informative.

https://www.spine-health.com/condit...=qQx/dKO4NBqXN1psqafornwFoqDlMHNmyq65fGLdufk=

They cover just about every spinal and joint problem immaginable.

Wow, Cluck, that's ... amazing. Horrible. But... great that you have the kind of support that you do. That one dr that sat you down and talked with you about options and alternatives, thank goodness for him. And wow, the Botox, ugh! Two weeks of migraines, just, NO. I'm sorry this is your experience. You are amazing to be dealing with it. Bless you. :hugs These goofy little virtual hugs are not enough but ... they're all I got, Lady. ❤

I love goofy little virtual hugs! So thank you!! I try not to talk about my ailments very often because I feels like complaining but it has been nice in this thread with so many understanding individuals that are going through something similar and maybe my experiences can actually help someone else!
group hug.gif

Botox for the neck pain? Prolly stops the muscle spasms I would guess. They told me my vertebrae were so unstable that the muscles were spasming trying to keep everything held together and loosing the battle.

I got this article today from Veritas/Spine Health. They send me a weekly news 'letter' and it's very informative.

https://www.spine-health.com/conditions/neck-pain/what-causes-neck-pain-and-dizziness?source=enews&vgo_ee=qQx/dKO4NBqXN1psqafornwFoqDlMHNmyq65fGLdufk=

They cover just about every spinal and joint problem immaginable.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me early on! In my very first xray when they said there wasn't any "actual" damage (because it was all soft tissue and they couldn't see it) my muscles were so tight they were white in the xray and obscuring some of the bones. They had to take more xrays.

This is EXACTLY what happened to me early on! In my very first xray when they said there wasn't any "actual" damage (because it was all soft tissue and they couldn't see it) my muscles were so tight they were white in the xray and obscuring some of the bones. They had to take more xrays.

Mine form knots about the size of a walnut. I thought I had cysts but the physical therapist that works with me (who's entire spine is fused so she knows what back pain is all about) told me that contrary to popular belief, back muscles will form these dense areas when they spasm. When she did acupuncture on me, she aimed for one of the 'walnuts' and warned me that when she hit it I would feel a little shock but then the muscle would relax. Sure enough, it did. Very cool.

You were probably having the same result.

Usually when I am not feeling well or hurting too bad, I just lay low for a few days until things get better so I know how you feel. It's not something anyone who hasn't experienced it can truly understand.

Back
Top Bottom