Granny's gone and done it again

Hi everyone. We have been enjoying warm sunny weather and I have been doing a lot of work outside, taking advantage while it's nice.
5 of my 6 new pullets are laying now. We are in egg heaven! :wee
20210114_113717.jpg

Heading back out to finish fencing off a new outside area for the pullets.

Hope everyone is doing well.
See ya later! :frow

I don’t know if I’m more mad at myself or the chicken chicks. I put a petition in the big brooder.. to keep quail and chicks separate. A few hours later I go out and see they’ve somehow crossed over. The chicken chicks killed one of the quail, and injured another on the head. I’m so upset. I was just trying to let the quail have more room. It’s really my own fault. :hit :mad:

I don’t know if I’m more mad at myself or the chicken chicks. I put a petition in the big brooder.. to keep quail and chicks separate. A few hours later I go out and see they’ve somehow crossed over. The chicken chicks killed one of the quail, and injured another on the head. I’m so upset. I was just trying to let the quail have more room. It’s really my own fault. :hit :mad:
I know you feel bad, but just remember, it is a lesson that you now have learned.

There are enzyme based deodorizers that might work. Nature's Miracle was one of the earliest. There are generic versions now, seen them at Walmart. Enzyme type might be safer than other chemicals, but you should do some research.

I would love to see pics of these!
Hint hint! :D
We used to use enzyme d to kill pet urine in carpet installation. Worked really well.

Back
Top Bottom