Granny's gone and done it again

Morning everybody. Got coffee in me, so I sort of make sense. :D

18 degrees. Snow on the ground. My plans to work on the fence the coops and move the rabbits went out the window with the current conditions. The weatherman said earlier this week that it was to be in the 40/50s today.

Now the 40s and 50s are pushed to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Maybe I will get the work done then. This means Fence work should happen Monday - Wednesday, While Thursday will be coops and rabbits.

In the meantime, the boys have been catching the chickens and putting them all in the turkey coop. We had a breach of the chicken coop and run when our ram decided that the run was a threat and he rammed it. Which let out the chickens. The boys thinking fast grabbed up as many as they could and put them in the Turkey coop.

I had planned to build some breeding coops and runs in another area so the sheep could not get to the birds and rabbits. Sheep will have all of the upper field and part of the lower area to themselves. The hogs area will be more than tripled once I get the upper pen fence repaired and fortified.

Not sure. I will probably try and return that hood today. Its a whopping 10 degrees out but no more snow.

We got snow. One of the guys down the hill used his quad to plow. That just made the road a sheet of ice. I am having fun watching people stop at the bottom of the hill (our road meets the main road at a steep uphill.) watching for traffic and then running the stop sign to get out to the stores. One of the other neighbors went up with some rock salt to try and melt the ice at the end of the road. We will see.

Ok..you guys may not have this store in your parts. I decided to take a few photos of the place. On the vase isle..take your pick! They have everything in here. Sewing, pictures, lamps, clocks, jewelry making, they have isles for the seasonal holiday stuff. More! They had already sold out of Valentine Gnomes. :(. Posting a photo of the planter I choose.
20220129_093154.jpg
20220129_093212.jpg
20220129_093305.jpg
20220129_093312.jpg
20220129_095132.jpg

Last edited:
Ok..you guys may not have this store in your parts. Pretty sure it was started here in Utah by a family. It's huge! A lot of crafty folks here in Utah. I decided to take a few photos of the place. On the vase isle..take your pick! They have everything in here. Sewing, pictures, lamps, clocks, jewelry making, they have isles for the seasonal holiday stuff. More! They had already sold out of Valentine Gnomes. :(. Posting a photo of the planter I choose.View attachment 2976899View attachment 2976900View attachment 2976901View attachment 2976902 View attachment 2976903
Looks like a Hobby Lobby to me.

Morning everybody. Got coffee in me, so I sort of make sense. :D

18 degrees. Snow on the ground. My plans to work on the fence the coops and move the rabbits went out the window with the current conditions. The weatherman said earlier this week that it was to be in the 40/50s today.

Now the 40s and 50s are pushed to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Maybe I will get the work done then. This means Fence work should happen Monday - Wednesday, While Thursday will be coops and rabbits.

In the meantime, the boys have been catching the chickens and putting them all in the turkey coop. We had a breach of the chicken coop and run when our ram decided that the run was a threat and he rammed it. Which let out the chickens. The boys thinking fast grabbed up as many as they could and put them in the Turkey coop.

I had planned to build some breeding coops and runs in another area so the sheep could not get to the birds and rabbits. Sheep will have all of the upper field and part of the lower area to themselves. The hogs area will be more than tripled once I get the upper pen fence repaired and fortified.
Wow, sounds like you have a pretty large place. A lot of animals. A lot of work.

Back
Top Bottom