Granny's gone and done it again

I hear you, @microchick. I'm down with what feels like kidney stones again and google says no salt, sugar, chocolate, sweet potatoes or spinach. :hitAnd limited protein.
The sugar is not a big deal, well, except for what's in chocolate, which I don't eat THAT often, but ... NONE? :thThere's a ton of other stuff I can't eat bc of thyroid, but it's all stuff I don't like anyway, and then there's the diabetic "diet." So ... I feel like I'm going to be "eating" water and ... water! Lol!
Blue, Doctor put me on Lipitor AND Lopid for my mildly elevated cholesterol and triglycerides Had to stop the Lipitor after 3 weeks as it was making me sleep all the time and upsetting my stomach and IBS with C. Since I have diverticulosis I cannot under any circumstances get constipated. Then this week I started having side effects from the Lipitor. It's like, what next? Been sick for three days. Finally made a list of all the symptoms I've been having and looked them up under Lipitor side effects. Ummm all hits. So I stopped taking it but it says it takes it at least 3 days to get out of my system. Oh, great. Two more days of feeling like h e double toothpicks.

And the diet? I say I eat so much fiber that I might as well go out in the pasture and graze on grass and thatch!

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself until I read your post. You poor thing. Nothing hurts worse than a kidney stone unless it's a bout of diverticulitis colic and then since I've never had a kidney stone I really can't say if even that is worse.

The diet sux doesn't it?

As for your hen, Me thinks she is going broody on you and setting up a nursery. Mine are just barely starting to lay again. I need to get my bantams separated from the main flock and remove all my 'packing peanuts' aka spare roosters from the main flock that help keep the hens warm in winter, along with the flock master so my Fayoumi has full access to the girls and I can harvest some fertile Fayoumis eggs for the incubator along with bantam eggs.

@twisted-acres-farm Thanks for the tip on the dill. I have more seed left I think. I'll grow more, discard the seed head for eating and just keep them for seed and harvest the fronds and grind them in the blender. I love dill on baked salmon.

:frow Hi, Twist.

I went out a little bit ago to gather eggs. One of the Things (Dom pullets, Things 1-5) was in a nest, pondering and looking thoughtful. I hung around for a while in hopes she would lay her egg and move on, but .... she was there for the long haul. But as I watched her, she hunkered down, began to talk to herself a little, and then... started picking up bits of the nesting material, shredded paper, and putting it over her shoulder onto her back! Like ... she was in a spa, and covering herself like a mud bath. Just oh so gently, and kind of purring the whole time.

You guys ever seen this? What gives? I left at that point. Didn't want to interrupt a lady having a paper bubble bath, lol.

Thinking of being broody.

little excitement for the day. Bandit was barking his head off and circling something in the yard so I went out to look and it was a snake. I called Robert out and he picked it up and moved it. Both of us tracked mud or dog poop all over the house. I cleaned all I could . Hurting my back. Robert sprayed it all and will try the vacuum later after it dries.
Not poisonous I take it. Good doggie, good.

I hear you, @microchick. I'm down with what feels like kidney stones again and google says no salt, sugar, chocolate, sweet potatoes or spinach. :hitAnd limited protein.
The sugar is not a big deal, well, except for what's in chocolate, which I don't eat THAT often, but ... NONE? :thThere's a ton of other stuff I can't eat bc of thyroid, but it's all stuff I don't like anyway, and then there's the diabetic "diet." So ... I feel like I'm going to be "eating" water and ... water! Lol!
No.. kidney stones! Very paint..from what I've seen in my son. And my sister has told me. Sounds horrible. ♥️

:frow Hi, Twist.

I went out a little bit ago to gather eggs. One of the Things (Dom pullets, Things 1-5) was in a nest, pondering and looking thoughtful. I hung around for a while in hopes she would lay her egg and move on, but .... she was there for the long haul. But as I watched her, she hunkered down, began to talk to herself a little, and then... started picking up bits of the nesting material, shredded paper, and putting it over her shoulder onto her back! Like ... she was in a spa, and covering herself like a mud bath. Just oh so gently, and kind of purring the whole time.

You guys ever seen this? What gives? I left at that point. Didn't want to interrupt a lady having a paper bubble bath, lol.

maybe going broody ??

sorry , brother called and wanted to xbox then people at the desk.

I didn't post goat pictures here yet! They are here already! I can't believe I "own" a goat! 🥰

Hoping to show them this year.

Black buckskin is Chestnut and the other is Nutmeg. Trying to get them used to Kiki as well.

Attachments

• E999BC4E-714A-4933-8347-270547BD8B8B.jpeg
    E999BC4E-714A-4933-8347-270547BD8B8B.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 3
  • 1B12E9F3-50EA-4A8A-8833-7DAE4BADD882.jpeg
    1B12E9F3-50EA-4A8A-8833-7DAE4BADD882.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 3
  • 7A53BBB7-A913-4984-8CD1-A6400A82B8E5.jpeg
    7A53BBB7-A913-4984-8CD1-A6400A82B8E5.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 58B568E3-5A09-4316-AFFE-994D39CCEFAF.jpeg
    58B568E3-5A09-4316-AFFE-994D39CCEFAF.jpeg