Granny's gone and done it again

Guess I'm lucky Cap. As far as Tramadol is concerned as pain control goes. All it does for me is make the pain go away. It's about the only prescription pain med I can take that doesn't do nasty things to me. Everything else hits me hard. I see and dream about colors Crayola has only imagined on most of them so I can empathize.

Since I can't take any NSAIDS I don't have many alternatives, unfortunately. Wish I did.

How have you been feeling? Any word on that MRI yet?
I have been doing better than i was. The MRI showed that i do, in fact, have a brain! They called to let me know it was "normal", whatever that means. Then she said the doctor will discuss it with me on my next visit. ?

Im driving myself crazy thinking about the van. I cant help it. Im scared. I have decided to cancel all my appts in Lawrenceburg. Robert has one in Madison on the 30th I hope to keep. Its his yearly with GI dr.
Quit thinking about it. All you do is all you can do

Morning everyone. I need a coffee mug with this inscription on it this morning.
View attachment 3327483
I made the mistake of carrying two 20 pound jugs of water out to the coop last night. Knew better. Neck has been bothering me and I think I have a pinched nerve that has been raising merry H-E-double toothpicks with my left arm. Sure enough, up most of the night with pain in my left arm/shoulder and neck and just for fun the right arm decided it would join the party. Feels like I have a tooth ache in my arm and neck.

Anyhoo, Granny I'm glad you are able to tolerate the cholesterol meds. My body just wouldn't tolerate them. Doctors tried different ones and all gave me really unpleasant side effects. I finally begged my doctor to give me a chance to drop some weight and modify my diet more and see if that would bring my numbers down to a more acceptable level and he agreed. I've lost 27 pounds so far but the better news is I dropped my numbers to an acceptable range. Total cholesterol 190. I would like to lose about 5 more pounds but discovered how much I was really over eating. Now the challenge is to keep my weight stable over the winter months which thanks to the diverticular disease and chronic gastritis isn't hard to do. My body is in charge of what I eat and it is unforgiving if I do not listen to it.

After three nights of lows in the teens the temp is finally starting to edge up into more acceptable numbers for this time of the year. Poor chickens haven't been out for two days. Tomorrow looks promising. I'm sure they will be thrilled to get out as the temps are supposed to get up in the upper 30s.
Love the mug, MC! Sorry you're in pain. PT is amazing for that sort of thing ...

Last edited:
My Nancy bought me a large heating pad but I havent used it since I got my leather recliner. Im afraid it will mark it.
I take percocets for pain. They barely work anymore.
Put a sheet or light blanket on the chair first, then the heating pad, then you. The sheet will protect the leather, although it probably isn't necessary.

Back
Top Bottom