Granny's gone and done it again

Gonna make a short story long.
Yall know what happened with Jerri the husky dog. Woman refuses to take my phone calls or return my messages. She said they stand behind their dogs when I asked about a refund should things not work out so Robert was out the $100 adoption fee. well he seen a pretty little hound dog at our local humane soc. and we went to look. That dog was gone but she told Robert they had puppys and took him to look at them. Robert gives her a $50. deposit as they wont be ready for a while. We get home and I find out there a cross between shephard and Pyrenees, We google and find out they need even more exercise then the shephard dog. Robert comes to me and said He had made a mistake. Its too much dog for him. He goes on to tell me he doesnt trust his judgment anymore and he is feeling really down. I called this shelter and explain to her that Robert is autistic and acted impulsively. She said bring your dog in and we will find a different dog that will suit him. Well she brings out this mixed puppy that is calm, sweet and oh so gentle. It started licking Bandit in the mouth. IN THE MOUTH. and Bandit didnt mind. So I think we have found the perfect dog for him. short hair, laid back. The shelter calls me this morning and bad news. The pup has died. Yup, parvo. Now Robert is beyond sad. I am worried about Bandit as well.
Did I mention my 55 gal tank sprung a leak and is garbage?
Sorry Granny, tell Robert he has no experience buying dogs and there are many things to learn. We are not born with knowledge, we learn it ourselves from reading, or from interacting with others. He can learn. Maybe he needs a check list of things to look for.

Eating even a little bit sounds like a good sign to me. She may not eat much till she's back in her own home. When I was caring for my previous DH and we'd be in hospital for a week at a time, one of my dogs would not eat for three days after I left. They get depressed when mommy and daddy aren't around and in strange places. I hope you do get to bring her home tomorrow, surely she will recover quickly after that.
She hasn't been eating here either, we tried all kinds of things. She kept cleaning her vulva, and then after a while, she would throw up. She ate a dog biscuit here, threw up all over. At least she kept drinking lots.
We threw out a lot of throw rugs. Hubby doesn't seem to believe in shampooing. Sigh.
Really hoping she can come home tomorrow. We all miss her.

Oh! Oh! I almost forgot I have exciting news! DH finally agreed we can have Invisible Fencing installed! :celebrate It's coming next Thursday, April 6! I'm so excited! It will keep Sammy from running up the road chasing vehicles! :yesss:
Don’t forget to do the training part of it so Sammy knows where the border is and what it means to approach it!!!
Speaking of vaccines my dr tested me to see if I have antibodies to measles, mumps and rubella. Not sure why I guess they are testing old people now.

I have no antibodies to mumps.
For me it was my measles was “inconclusive”. Had to do an antibody test for immigrating years ago - mmr was one of the ones they needed you to have either proof of vaccine or proof of immunity. So…shots.
She hasn't been eating here either, we tried all kinds of things. She kept cleaning her vulva, and then after a while, she would throw up. She ate a dog biscuit here, threw up all over. At least she kept drinking lots.
We threw out a lot of throw rugs. Hubby doesn't seem to believe in shampooing. Sigh.
Really hoping she can come home tomorrow. We all miss her

My fingers are crossed!!!

Ugh. Almost eleven. Will be up in a few hours. But not tired. Ugh ugh ughh

Well, kids, it's getting to be sleepy time around here, so I guess I'll wish you all sweet dreams. Except Cap, her I'll wish a pleasantly busy and productive night as she polishes rocks, creates castles, throws pots, builds edifices, washes chickens, paints fences and just generally makes her world a whole lot better for herself and her livestock while the rest of us waste time snoring the night away, lol! 🤣 (You know I love you, Cap!) ❤️❤️❤️
Lol, i just came in after collecting eggs, feeding goats, and painting the stall gate. I hope to staple wire to it tomorrow.
I planted peas around the perimeter of four of my original garden beds today. Some can be harvested in as little as 58 days.

Don’t forget to do the training part of it so Sammy knows where the border is and what it means to approach it!!!

For me it was my measles was “inconclusive”. Had to do an antibody test for immigrating years ago - mmr was one of the ones they needed you to have either proof of vaccine or proof of immunity. So…shots.

My fingers are crossed!!!

Ugh. Almost eleven. Will be up in a few hours. But not tired. Ugh ugh ughh
I had a nap, as i often do in the evening. Was having problems with my feet cramping tonight. So i drank my green apple Gatorade. Does the trick.

Great news! Mini is home! She still looks pitiful though.
20230329_103232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom